PDA

View Full Version : I cant even get a job because of interview anxiety

Tess1971
13-06-06, 16:37
Hi, I 'm at the end of my tether, I am currently temping which when you have anxiey is bad enough as the nerves with starting new jobs every week is getting me down, I have had lots of interviews and dont seem to be getting anywhere, my doctor has prescribed me with Diazepam which i take as and when needed which is usually a few hours before an interview, they dont seem to work, I like to think I can cover my anxiety up and have had no negative feed back from my interviews, I am a very bubbly person so this hides the panick inside of me, but when I am told I will have a interview with 2 people rather than one I literally feel sick and feel rigid with fear, my anxiety is stopping me from getting ahead and also now I cant afford my rent, yesterday I had news I had been turned down for 2 more jobs I had interviews for, for the first time i thought about not being here any more, what is the point of life? I look around at everyone walking around doing there day to day work and envy them, why cant i get the job I want for once, its not like i cant do it, I'm a senior secretary by the way, not a scientist, so it cant be that hard can it, its just the interviews I have a problem with i literally feel like running out but I cant do that, I have to work to live, does anyone else have this? once i'm in a job i'm ok, i just want a chance thats all, and i get panicks at airports and several other places but at the mment this is taking over my life so much so that I am questioning why I am on this planet for anymore, I'm off to my doctors 2nite, i just dont know where to turn. HELP [V]

Tess

Wenjoy
13-06-06, 18:14
I so understand what you mean. I am a secretary tho have been a shop sales assistnat or the last few years and have applied for jobs but cant even face an interview - the thought of being "trapped" in a room with the door shut with a stranger panics me and my breathing goes haywire!!! Im amazed you attended interviews already - well done - wow - I cant even face interviews at all!!!! Hang on in there - I know you will do - youve proved it already - well done and good luck. Love wenjoy

Daisybun
13-06-06, 19:49
Hi Tess
Sorry you are feeling so low. As Wenjoy said it is good that you are going for interviews, well done. I'm sure that the right job will turn up for you. Just stay positive and put all the negatives out of your mind. I can understand that you are naturally worried about money etc. but in the end you are more than a job, your worth is who you are as a person not your job. I really hope the break that you 're looking for comes your way soon, you're in my thoughts.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

EmmaJane
13-06-06, 20:28
Hi,

People at the best of times are terrified of interviews. You are doing really well in going to them.

Good luck in finding a job, keep it up.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.