PDA

View Full Version : Tips for eating

Wuboo
19-01-12, 10:01
I don't get hungry in the day it's only at night time I eat and it's worrying because I'm losing a lot of weight, any tips?

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

I just managed to eat an apple and banana so I guess that's something!

mabel
19-01-12, 21:30
That's a tricky one! My appetite completely goes too when suffering. And it makes me feel worse. But then I don't feel like eating so it goes round and round! By evening I am shaky etc but can eat then!

I find I have to have things in that are easy to eat and I can just grab in the day. Things that I don't need to fuss with! Toast, soup, ready meal snacks etc For a few days I have to make myself eat. Even if its just a bit. Then things seem to get easier and I get back into a regular eating pattern after a few days.

Not sure how helpful that is! But I understand!

Mabel xx

Wuboo
19-01-12, 21:37
Thanks mabel.

Sometimes when I think of eating it makes me feel sick and force myself to eat but I realised that I should eat easy things like soups and nothing to rich and creamy or heavy on the stomach.

It's weird because my stomach bubbles away telling me it's hungry but my head doesn't think "Mmmm get some nice food" it just says "Don't need to eat". Then at night time I get really hungry and could eat a horse!

clc
19-01-12, 21:57
Jay I feel your pain. I have become a nighttime eater. I just eat in the evenings. It's crappy cos I'm underweight anyway!!

mabel
19-01-12, 22:08
It is horrible! And It doesn't make any sense! Which is confusing!

My stomach grumbles and bubbles away and yet my brain is telling me I don't want to eat!!! And I know its making me feel worse!

Keep trying to eat something during the day. Even if its only a little bit. It does help and will get your system back into eating properly.

Take care

Mabel xx

Danath
19-01-12, 22:20
even as a food lover and a fat bloke I find anxiety affects my appetite, it likely also affects your metabolism as well, thats all it'll be mate

william wallace
20-01-12, 00:18
Salty, vinegary chips on a buttery roll, who needs to be hungry:emot-yum:

cathycrumble
20-01-12, 00:38
Now I am hungry mmmm. Aww no chippys open now.

Cathy

clc
20-01-12, 09:00
I had fish and chips last night! Felt like a fatty! Yummy though. Anyway Jay I actually think the more I eat the more I feel like eating so you just got to try force yourself to eat.