PDA

View Full Version : Pneumothorax/lung collapse worries!!

VioletWings
19-01-12, 10:53
So I stupidly looked up the symptoms to this in the middle of the night on my phone! :doh: Of course first thing this morning I was remembering what I read.
I have been suffering from this weird breathing thing the last couple of weeks as I mentioned in other posts -I get out of breath easily and it feels like somethings going on in my chest -like blockage/congestion, and also still got my chest hurting when I cough. The doctors listened to my chest the other week and said it sounded fine. Of course now I've read that pneumothorax can happen in young people with no lung disorders! (stupid googling) Making me panic!! Anyone had a fear concerning this? Any advice??

Thanks for any replies!

Mark801
19-01-12, 16:00
This was what started my anxiety back in '08 when my friend suffered from this.

Trust me, you would know if you had this. When the docs asked him to hold his breath for a chest xray for like 5 seconds, he collapsed and they had to rush with him. You would have tremendous pain with each breath. Trust me, you don't have this., you wouldn't be able to post on here if you had it. You're fine!

Jamesk
19-01-12, 16:04
There is a really nasty chest bug going around at the moment. I never suffer with my chest but had a really bad one for about 3-4 weeks.

Afwul cough, really really sore chest, and although there was no phlegm (sorry) when I lay flat at night it sounded like someone was playing the mouth organ when I brethed in and out.

VioletWings
19-01-12, 17:33
There is a really nasty chest bug going around at the moment. I never suffer with my chest but had a really bad one for about 3-4 weeks.

Afwul cough, really really sore chest, and although there was no phlegm (sorry) when I lay flat at night it sounded like someone was playing the mouth organ when I brethed in and out.

James you made me laugh out loud then with the mouth organ thing! (not laughing at you not being well!) mm yeah, I am hardly coughing really, and only occasionally have I had the urge to clear my throat of stuff. But it sure feels like something's up in my chest.. I just went a 3 minute walk and when I'd got back and gone up the stairs I was absolutely whacked!! Had to just sit there :unsure:

Thanks Mark as well.