PDA

View Full Version : can u still have thrush if swab negative?

anitaa
19-01-12, 13:58
Hi :D

I was certain i had thrush and got swabbed in the doctors. Today the results are negative??:shrug: i feel like i had all the symptoms and since taking an oral pill for thrush i feel a lot better? can the tests sometimes come back neg? has anyone had this before......im just worried now it might be something serious:scared15:

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

and if you bath right before the swab do you think it will affect the results?:huh:

PinkRoxy
21-01-12, 08:33
Hi anitaa
I think sometimes that can happen as youve heard of situations where a test didnt pick up something. I think it took me three blood tests for them to pick up that I had glandular fever, the first two tests I still was unwell and had all the symptoms but it just didnt pick up I just didnt get better and kept going back for another test until finally third time round it picked up.

Anyway I was in a similar situation as you a few years back, I had a thrush swab and picked up as no thrush, I did have symptoms and so I bought cream from pharmacist and symptoms started to go away, so even if you have symptoms I would still try pills or creams.

Another thing recently I have had bladder pain for the last year or so which I was living on the ural drink. I got tested for UTI's about 4 times in the year and came back no infection found. I got antibiotics for a throat infection last Friday and at the same time my bladder pain went away, it hasnt felt this good in like a year lol.

So whether tests always pick up on things or not Im not too sure, I would say if it was serious enough though like a serious infection then the test will pick it up. I would say with my bladder there might have been an infection at present but I kept it down and in order with the ural drinks which probably didnt show up as an infection I am not too sure though and whether you were trying to treat your thrush before you got tested for it it could be the same for you.

Anyway sorry thats long but I hope that helps :)

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Another thing is I think its a waste of time to go to gp for thrush, I never did only that once Ive always just gone straight to pharmacy to get creams and pills. I rarely go for ear ache either really as I treat it with over the counter ear drops lol. Anyway I hope you feel better soon.

Butterfly22
25-01-12, 08:06
I have thrush every month, I too had a swab and it came back negative.. I couldn't understand why since all the symptoms were there.

Savannah
25-01-12, 08:30
Yes, I had terrible thrush, swab was negative but I decided to take the tablet anyway and the symptoms went.