PDA

View Full Version : Problems staying asleep?

beth0277
19-01-12, 14:26
I am currently worrying about the possibility of having sleep apnea (condition of the week). I do have a lot of the symptoms it seems but was curious how many others feel like they can't get a good nights sleep?

I have NEVER had sleep issues before. In fact, I slept like a bear before my anxiety came back. Now that it is back, I fall asleep quite easily but always seem to wake up around 2:00-4:00 am with a racing mind and can't go back to sleep. Most of the time I wake my husband up and have him talk to me.

I'm just curious how many others have issues sleeping/staying asleep with their anxiety? I've added a poll for some input.

Shiloh
19-01-12, 17:46
Hey Beth

Recently I have been waking up in the small hours, around 4 or 5 and then not getting back off to sleep fully, more sort of dozing and turning over, restless. As I approach 60 I put it down to not needing as much sleep, or does that kick in later? :blush:

bignik
19-01-12, 17:58
I have NEVER had sleep issues before. In fact, I slept like a bear before my anxiety came back. Now that it is back, I fall asleep quite easily but always seem to wake up around 2:00-4:00 am with a racing mind and can't go back to sleep. Most of the time I wake my husband up and have him talk to me.

For me also .... sadly and not enough sleep makes the days terrible , I try to stay in bed not to get up but find just constantly looking at alarm clock wondering when I will get back to sleep .. most times doesnt seem to happen

Wuboo
19-01-12, 20:02
I am the same, I never have issues falling to sleep but I am waking up at 5-6am then my mind starts racing and start tossing and turning, it's annoying because I could sleep for England before now.