PDA

View Full Version : upper back pains

duke246810
19-01-12, 17:56
For a few days ivive bbeen getting upper back pain, and it feels very hot on my back and i can feel my heart pounding in my back, very bad acid on and ooff anand pain just below my left breast. Im wondering whether this iis aassociated wwith aacid or whether it could be something momore serious, planning on mailing a doc app tomorr,w do you tthink I'll make itit tilk then? At work i ddo tend to breathe in alot of ddust aand so does everyone else. Thankyou

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

I have alot of tingling in my feet and pains in my arms at times. Sometimes pain on my lower right side to and kidney area, really unsure as to what this is, I always shake well my hands do I can't control them sometimes and i always see dots in my vision. Sorry to ask this, im just quite worried I wont make it to the doctors tomorrow ii f I can get an app.

melvin
19-01-12, 18:20
sounds like acid reflux to me

mike_coventry_uk
19-01-12, 18:30
I am in Same boat! Had pain just below my left shoulder blade and under left rib cage! Also feeling a little short of breath and this morning had some blood in my phlegm! Doc is not worried and breathing is actually normal!

Acid can cause the pain in the upper back! Are you on any meds for controlling the acid? My advice would be to raise your bed slightly if possible and avoid spicy foods and alcohol take your meds if u have them and see doc!

Chances are they will say same as me it's the acid! Just as after thought have you been tested for h pylori?

Mike

duke246810
19-01-12, 19:21
Yes am on ranitidine but at the moment it doesn't seem to be working. Yes have been tested in the past but not recently. Am really quite worried its so thin to do with lungs kidneys or liver or stomach oor ssomething, im really worriedas im gegetting leg pain to and that couod bbe a sign of kidney failure or something.

Really stressfull as this has all come on within a few days, really am quite worried do you think I can wait I'll tomorrow for the doc?

mike_coventry_uk
19-01-12, 19:29
Well there is king to be no difference in waiting till tomorrow. When I had cbt I was always told to put off making appointments! Try it......

I'm sure you are fine! Do something o takeout mind off things! If u really can wait the onl thing to do is call NHs direct!

duke246810
19-01-12, 20:58
I really don't want to call nhs direct, I just hope this is acid, its been there constantly for four days now and its really wworrying me. I heard somewhere that acid idegestion can actually mean a heart attack, but the pain is now going into my heart area and left arm, really am worried, might ring nhs I don't know, my dad will get so annoyed with me though :(

Carys
19-01-12, 21:24
I heard somewhere that acid idegestion can actually mean a heart attackHiyer, no that isn't accurate......I think what you have actually read is that people sometimes confuse indigestion for a heart attack. People have been known to dash to hospital and call an ambulance and they have indigestion, but it can mimic some heart attack symptoms.

Am really quite worried its so thin to do with lungs kidneys or liver or stomach oor ssomething

So, that is 4 separate body organs (and the 'something' being a 5th option) you have mentioned as being the possible cause of your symptoms. Could it just be anxiety ? ;o)