PDA

View Full Version : Having a bad day today

ShirleyM
13-06-06, 20:33
Hi All

I am having a realy bad day today, this started I think because I started taking strong doses of antibiotics for H Plylori virus on saturday, I was fine for a couple of days then started to feel more and more ill. I think in the back of my mind I was thinking of the side effects of the tablets.

Anyway today I got up for work and felt awful really dizzy and faint but I drove to work, when I got there I tried to concentrate on my work but really thought I was going to collapse, so I said I was feeling ill and then I had to drive home 30 miles.

I kept thinking that I was going to pass out in the car and had to keep stopping and pulling over, I ended up taking the long way home to avoid going on the dual carriageway and took all the country roads. When I got home I burst into tears I was so relieved.

Anyway I am still not feeling much better still think I am going to pass out, I have a raging headache and I am really shaky when I get up (i have given in and went to my bed) my poor daughter who is 15 has had to make her own tea tonight, I am sure she thinks Mum is ill again!!!

I am so fed up with this and you see people getting on with lives not a care in the world and think why me, I just want to be a mum, go shopping, work and do all the normal day to day things but this dreaded panic and anxiety is always in the backround.

EmmaJane
13-06-06, 20:42
Hi Shirley,

Sorry your feeling bad. Im not a doctor, but I know antibiotics can make you feel groggy.

Maybe you just need some time out, what with the heat aswell.

Take it easy for a couple of days.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Daisybun
13-06-06, 21:32
Hi Shirley
It's probably the combination of your virus, antibiotics, heat and your anxiety over the side effects. I agree with Emma, don't put too much pressure on yourself, you are unwell and you need time to recouperate, you've got a virus! I always feel grot on antibiotics, they can upset so much of your system. Hope you are feeling better soon

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

ShirleyM
13-06-06, 21:56
Thanks for your responses, It is sometimes hard to tell if you are actually ill or if it is anxiety, I think I get in a vicious circle sometimes and talk myself into being ill. I think the worst thing I did was reading the side effects of the antibiotics

EmmaJane
13-06-06, 23:19
Shirley, that sounds so familiar. Thats the sort of thing I would of done. I dont read them now, just take them LOL

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.