PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself.....

Wuboo
19-01-12, 21:17
Seeing as I didn't introduce myself when I first registered I thought I'd do it now.

In 2003 I suffered with some anxiety and panic attacks which cleared up after about a year with some counselling then over the last few months my work had started to get to me as I work in a high pressured sales role and I used to love the pressure but then I started having issues with my boss which went from pressure to stress then to anxiety. Around the 28th December 2011 I had a vertigo attack and it sent me in to extreme panic like I have never had before and rushed myself up to A&E where the guys there were EXCELLENT. One of the nurses saw how panicy I was and said "fancy a chat" and she spoke to me about panic and anxiety and they gave me some Diazepam and sent me home.

The day after I was a jittering wreck, couldn't eat, shaking, feeling sick, couldn't stop moving around, dizzy and just really anxious. Then 17 days ago my GP gave me Sertraline and so far it's worked quite well and even though most of the physical anxiety symptoms have gone I just have the racing anxious thoughts which I am working on dealing with. I am also on a waiting list to get some CBT sorted.

diane07
19-01-12, 21:18
Hi jayuk20

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.