PDA

View Full Version : Though filed therapy?

womble
03-05-04, 15:39
Hi all

I have just received a book from Amazon - I order these books and tehn forget about it. It's called the Anxiety Toolbox 9 it was acutally recommended in the Mail on SUnday this week). One of the main approaches is Thought Field Therapy - has anyone tried this??

Thanks, Debbie.

nomorepanic
03-05-04, 16:14
Hi Debbie

I haven't heard of it but please let me know what you think of it and I will add it to the reading list if you think it is a good one to get.

Thanks

Nicola

sarah
03-05-04, 18:06
Hiya Debbie

No I havent heard of this. What does it involve?
Let us know if it does you any good.
Keep us posted

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

womble
04-05-04, 07:53
Hi Sarah and Nic

My typing is awful so I apologise in advance for random numbers and letters inserted anywhere!

The book is called 'Anxiety Toolbox' (without the 9) by Gloria Thomas.

I am about half way through and if I were to believe this lady Thought Field Therapy is a very effective tool for depression,anxiety, panic and phobias, of which I have them all.

I have heard of it before - Paul McKenna uses it in This Morning and so does the chap that is 'The Life Guru' on Discovery Health. I watch all this stuff in the hope for a miracle cure!.

It seems I have to tune into the anxiety and do a sequence of tapping movements on different parts of my body. It sounds wacky but when you are as desperate as I am you'll try anything. The book does read very easy and makes sense and is very good on hypnosis and NLP as well and comes with a CD to guide you through some of the exercises.

I shall let you all know how it goes, there is also a webiste for Thought Field Therapy www.thoughtfieldtherapy.co.uk if anyone fancies taking a look and letting me know what you think.

I am feeling much better in myself and not quite as down in the dumps as I have been - I think it could be down to the support I have been getting off you guys. Still don't think I can make it to the dentists with my daughter in two weeks. My partner can take her but I do feel like I should go as she is having her brace fitted and it's quite a big thing for her as you can imagine.

I shall begin my tapping my little old body as soon as I can.

Take care all

Debbie

red
04-05-04, 09:19
Hiya
Thought Field Therapy or TFT is what is called a 'tapping' therapy where certain 'meridian' sites are tapped on your body in a certain sequence. The meridians are a bit like the acupunture points in Chinese medicine but they get tapped with the therapists fingers rather than having needles put in.

Another forms of this is EFT - Emotional Field therapy EFT, in my opinion is not as long winded as TFT and just as valuable. Like all other therapies, this one suits a lot of people but doesn't work for others. When it does it is brilliant!

Hope this helps.

Red
x

sarah
04-05-04, 11:42
Hiya

Thanks for the info I have heard of EFT so yes it does sound similar to this.
Keep us posted on how you are doing Debbie. I would be interested to know how much it works for you in the end.

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Meg
04-05-04, 14:23
There is information about it on the home pages.

Meg

benoo5
05-05-04, 16:54
hya debbie...as meg says,theres a lot of info about the emotional freedom technique,around the site,including lots of posts,just use the search facility...a good site giving free info,and diagrams,as to the meridian points is www.emofree.com

its well worth looking into,as the basics behind this,go back thousands of years,and is well used today,i wish you luck,as you womble around the common,tapping away,enjoying the scenery.

best wishes....bryan.

Henry
05-05-04, 16:58
I have used Thought Field therapy (TFT) and the similar technique (EFT) extensively.
My objective was to find something helpful in overcoming my phobia of enclosed places (claustrophobia).
I have found TFT and EFT to be helpful in dissipating fear and anxiety when I am actually experiencing these emotions.
The tapping can actually diffuse or dissipate the fears.
However, I have not been successful in using these methods in therapy or on my own from a safe, non-threatening place to work on these issues.
TFT or EFT are simple enough to be used on your own and can even be learned from a book, which there are plenty of good resources available.
Ultimately, I found TFT, EFT to be a tool or technique rather than an overall therapy.
If anyone has any more questions, you can post here or via my email info90@yahoo.com, since I may not remember to check this board regularly.

Henry