PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety advice

sheltiemum
20-01-12, 01:10
I suffer with anxiety, I have for a very long time now but barely talk about it. When people talk about anxiety I feel like my anxiety isn't the same. If that makes sense....

My partner hates me for it, I live in constant fear of someone breaking into my house, even though we live in a lovely area and the house is alarmed. I live in constant fear the house will burn down while we are in it despite having smoke alarms and turning anything we don't "need" off at night.

When I leave the house, even just to nip to the shop a street away I am on edge, I can't relax if I am not home. Does this even class as anxiety? :shrug:

As a teen I witnessed something that made me house bound for years, I was so scared leaving the house that it took 3 years of therapy to encourage me that not everyone in the street or store was going to hurt me. I don't know if because of this I have a clingy-ness to home now or what. :unsure:

HeadInAJar
20-01-12, 15:51
I share those fears so yes I would say it is anxiety. You could even have obsessive compulsive disorder, which is my own personal hell. Do you have to do a lot of things like checking locks etc, and if someone interupts you you have to start again etc? If so id bet money you have a bit of ocd.

Have you had any kind of treatment for anxiety besides your 3 yr therapy however long ago that was? You might benefit from cognitive therapy if your therapy then wasnt that kind.

Sorry if thats a ramble, im not feeling great at the moment but wanted to reply :)