PDA

View Full Version : no appetite.

mrk74
20-01-12, 11:33
Hi, Ive been feeling extremely low and depressed lately and I have no appetite at all. Im probably eating about 1000 kcals a day, if that. Ive been told that this is very dangerous. Unfortunatly I just don't care, I have no passion or drive left and I just don't know what to do. Anyone else have this problem. any advice would be welcome.

molkogirl
20-01-12, 11:58
Hi, I dont have an appetite either at the moment, its always one of the first things to go when i start to feel bad. I just end up drinking loads of coffee. I just try and eat when i can and try not to worry too much. It will come back when you are feeling a little better. You could always take a multi vitamin to be sure your getting what you need until you can start eating better again. Hope you feel better soon.
Take care.

saro
21-01-12, 12:10
I always feel like this when I get low and feel at my worst.. Best thing to do is try to eat bits throughout the day so that you dont over face yourself :)

Wuboo
21-01-12, 12:42
I try and eat when I can but it's not until the evening when I get really hungry.

Conorm
21-01-12, 13:44
same here lost 3 stone !! some day s nothing drink plenty of water hun ya be fine dont give ya self a nother worry , its not dangerous , try milk shake ??

morning_blues
21-01-12, 17:25
I struggle with poor apetite and nausea with depression and anxiety and lost quite a bit of weight when I was skinny to start with. When you're feeling bad try and top up your calories with Complan - get it from Tescos or Boots. It's a meal in a milkshake so just keeps you topped up through bad patches. I manage to have it when solids just won't stay down!

mrk74
22-01-12, 10:20
Hi guys, thanks for all your replys and advice, really appreciate it.
I was taking mirtazapine and my appetite went through the roof but I had terrible side effects with it so I had to stop them. Glad to know im not the only one. thanks :)