PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys and Gals

Grawger
20-01-12, 12:56
I'm new here, thought I'd introduce myself and indulge in some reluctant self-absortion to do so.
-I'm Adam, 19 years old, a student, and have had anxiety issues for as long as I could remember.

-As a kid I was always the shy kid, the quiet one in class, the one with no friends.

-It sort of changed as I got older, matured, made friends and kept them. As I came to uni that changed even more, with the help of alcohol... I started to speak to people a lot more and make friends with housemates, coursemates, and while going out. However if I'm around someone socially intimidating I still clam up completely.

-Recently, my anxiety has become more physical, constantly feeling on edge, suffering from panic attacks and insomnia, chest pains, worrying about those chest pains, etc...

-I also have bouts of depression and loneliness, invasive thoughts that often disturb me, and social inadequacy.

-I'm hoping to seek some comforting words and advice, as well as help others where I can. I like new people, people help, especially those that actually understand when I talk about these things :D

diane07
20-01-12, 12:57
Hi Grawger

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

william wallace
21-01-12, 14:06
:welcome: