PDA

View Full Version : I took it in the morning!!

jaded jean
20-01-12, 18:05
Cant believe that I did it again!!:shrug:
being pleasantly distracted by my grandson I took my 10mg amytrip this morning instead of my IBS tablet . resulting in one sleepy/drunk feeling lady and I had to go to work!! after numerous coffees and teas at my tenants houses I survived the morning. got home at 3 and had a nap for an hour . still feel a little bit fluffy headed but will start afresh tomorrow :whistles::whistles:

Danath
23-01-12, 14:26
if done that before going into anxiety provoking situations deliberately before :)

haz
23-01-12, 23:03
I've got a routine where I take one packet of tablets out of the drawer, swallow it, put them on the worktop, same again. Then I know that the tablets on the worktop have been taken and can go back into the drawer again.

I nearly took my sleeping tablet in the morning, had it in my mouth but thankfully realised before I had swallowed it. I keep them in a separate place from my other medication now.

I really have to concentrate when I'm taking my meds in the morning.

simon.mac
04-03-12, 15:51
I take 10mg of Amitriptyline every morning, it doesn't seem to have an effect on me through out the day (or I think it doesn't anyway), I wasn't consistent enough taking it at night, perhaps I should try again?

dan1234
04-03-12, 16:01
I take 10mg of Amitriptyline every morning, it doesn't seem to have an effect on me through out the day (or I think it doesn't anyway), I wasn't consistent enough taking it at night, perhaps I should try again?

If this is for depression/anxiety 10mg is FAR too weak. The theraputic dose is a lot higher. The BNF suggests 75mg starting going up to 150-200mg if necessary.

simon.mac
04-03-12, 16:09
If this is for depression/anxiety 10mg is FAR too weak. The theraputic dose is a lot higher. The BNF suggests 75mg starting going up to 150-200mg if necessary.

No it's for migraine prevention.

dan1234
04-03-12, 16:29
No it's for migraine prevention.

Ah sorry :shades:

valleybear
04-03-12, 16:32
My Dr made me cut back to 10mgm at night and I have no idea what he expects that to do!! Only know that it is not helping at all in my depression , obsessive anxiety on anything else. I don't even think that it helps me sleep as I have 5 nights out of 7 with disturbed sleep or no sleep at all!! I know I should go back to him but last time I was really bad he gave me Zopiclone and I really do not want to take that again. Just struggling on now with Propanalol and Rescue Remedy. I have Valium 2mgm for emergencies but he gives me 10 a year!! You get the picture of my Dr! Sorry, this is a good bit off topic, but related..I think!:huh:

Cathyt
31-05-12, 14:21
Valleybear...I don't think you are a high enough dose for depression. I am now taking 100mgs a day in 2 divided doses and am coping a lot better than I did on Citalopram. I do take a Zopiclone every night though as I can't sleep otherwise. Maybe that doesn't agree with you so there are other choices around to take if you can't sleep and it's an issue for you.While on the Cit I was a wreck with no sleep whatsoever and felt disgusting all the time with panic and anxiety. Now, I can actually go out and do things by myself and walk in the psrk with my dogs so if I were you I'd change GPs' as sson as possible and find a sympathetic one. Good luck Cathy x