PDA

View Full Version : How to change from morning to night?

morning_blues
20-01-12, 19:04
Hi all,
I'm new to here and hope you guys can advise.
I've been on citalopram for 7 weeks and on the whole am doing fine (after v rocky first couple of weeks!) seem to have levelled out now. However the mornings are still really hard...waking up 5.30/6 feeling anxious and gagging. Doesn't make a good start to the working day!
Am wondering if changing to taking cit at night would be better? I'm on 20mg which I take at 7am.

How do I switch to evenings without taking a double dose, which you're not meant to do?
Any help gratefully received! :)

happycamper
20-01-12, 20:53
Hi morning blues,
I've always taken mine on an evening, however saying that much more tired in the morning than when I'm not on cit, but think that's just the cit whatever time of day I'd take it.
If I've forgotten a dose before, I've taken the next dose a few hours earlier then go back to normal the following day, but don't think it has too much of an effect being out of time for a couple of days as it's half life is about 35 hours.

william wallace
20-01-12, 20:54
Citalopram has a half life of 36 hours so if you start taking it a wee bit later each day it wont make the slightest bit of difference. If you like to partake of a wee drink though, it's best taken in the morning coz it can interact with alcohol.
Chin up and welcome to the Citalopram Central Glee Club:D

pinkdove
20-01-12, 21:39
Hi all,
I'm new to here and hope you guys can advise.
I've been on citalopram for 7 weeks and on the whole am doing fine (after v rocky first couple of weeks!) seem to have levelled out now. However the mornings are still really hard...waking up 5.30/6 feeling anxious and gagging. Doesn't make a good start to the working day!
Am wondering if changing to taking cit at night would be better? I'm on 20mg which I take at 7am.

How do I switch to evenings without taking a double dose, which you're not meant to do?
Any help gratefully received! :)
Hi, i changed my xit from morning to evening as it was making me to tired.

i just missed the morning dose and took it in the evening instead, as it has a long half life i had no bad effects at all, i sleep better now, and can still have a galss of wine at night.

you could try it and see.....hope it works for you x

morning_blues
20-01-12, 22:09
Thanks folks, will try it and see. Strangely have been off the booze for a while..no tolerance! life has become much cheaper since panic struck...every cloud and all that :winks:

OxfordDan
21-01-12, 11:55
I switched from morning to night. Just took my usual tab in the morning, next day took it at lunch time and the day after at night. Didnt feel any difference apart from not yawning my head off at 11am anymore after switching to nights.

Charnwood Fox
21-01-12, 18:48
As 60mg is supposed to be the maximum daily dose a GP will prescribe, I can't see taking three 20mg doses in a roughly 40 hour period doing you any harm.
Take your last morning dose as early as possible in the morning and your first night dose as late as possible.

Or take a 20mg in the morning, 10mg at night, then next morning 10mg, then a 20mg at night, thenj continue with the 20mg each night.

william wallace
21-01-12, 20:07
As 60mg is supposed to be the maximum daily dose a GP will prescribe, I can't see taking three 20mg doses in a roughly 40 hour period doing you any harm.
Take your last morning dose as early as possible in the morning and your first night dose as late as possible.

Or take a 20mg in the morning, 10mg at night, then next morning 10mg, then a 20mg at night, thenj continue with the 20mg each night.

Max dose now 40 for Citalopram.:winks:

morning_blues
22-01-12, 11:10
Thanks all - I did what OxfordDan suggested - took it at lunchtime yesterday and will take this evening at tea time. Doing fine so far :-)

pinkdove
22-01-12, 11:30
good luck with it !!!......i'm sure you will be fine x

Charnwood Fox
23-01-12, 12:55
Max dose now 40 for Citalopram.:winks:The manufacturers need to reprint their leaflets. My last lot, collected on Saturday, had a leaflet stating 60mg. :rolleyes:

william wallace
23-01-12, 15:13
Probably been on the shelf since before the guidlines changed. Theres a few thread about it on the Citalopram page.
Regards WW:)