PDA

View Full Version : Tender Scalp?

jarmummy123
21-01-12, 13:07
I have noticed over the past few days I have a tender scalp, tender to touch but doesn't hurt unless I touch it. I also have aching neck and shoulder muscles, Can these be anxiety signs?

I have had anxiety issues before, which I now know what they are thanks to my Dr.

Thanks

CONS
21-01-12, 13:29
You carry the stress in your shoulders and neck usually, I used to get through many tubes of deep heat and deep freeze when I was peaking in my anxiety days. The scalp is slightly different, might it be that you have knocked yourself or scratched at it in your sleep?

Either way give it time to heal and see if it passes, if not its worth getting looked at just to be sure, nothing to fret over, something to monitor.

swgrl09
21-01-12, 15:55
Yes, I get this same exact symptom and it is just an extension of tension in your neck and shoulders. Think of it like muscle knots but on your head, though they may not always even feel like a knot but just a tender patch almost like a bruise. I get them a lot when my neck acts up. Nothing to worry about!

xtremx
21-01-12, 20:29
Yes, I get this same exact symptom and it is just an extension of tension in your neck and shoulders. Think of it like muscle knots but on your head, though they may not always even feel like a knot but just a tender patch almost like a bruise. I get them a lot when my neck acts up. Nothing to worry about!

I agree with this post.

Also just in case i suffer abit from dry skin i would say some thing like dandruff but seens to be in certain areas and that can cause the scalp to feel tender. NOT saying that you have dandruff. But just put that in to say that it could very well be something simple like that.

Em.ma
21-01-12, 20:57
Yes i get that sometimes to :)

ATory
01-01-13, 19:44
so good to see others get this on there scalp...i have the sore to touch and having long hair it gets sore moving the hair around.... sometimes even though the doc says yeah its part of your condition still does not ease the anxiety so much but this here does......