PDA

View Full Version : Anal Fissure Bleeding - TMI warning but HELP!

chl_hobbs
21-01-12, 13:36
Hi all,
For the past few months when going to the toilet (stools) I often find bright red blood on the tissue paper and my anal area has felt very sore afterwards. I mentioned this to my consultant and he booked me in for a flexible sigmoidoscopy (without even examining me). I went to the appointment last week, and because of my HA got all worked up when they told me the risks of having the procedure. So first of all, they said they wanted to examine me first. When she did she said she could see quite a large anal fissure (tear) and that there were no haemmorroids. She said because of the type of bleeding that it was most probably the fissure causing the bleeding and anal pain. She didnt do the procedure as she was certain the blood was from the fissure and didnt want to trigger my HA further)

Today though, i havent even been (for a number 2!) and when i wiped myself (after a wee TMI) there was some dried blood on the tissue that was around my anal area. Then when i started wiping there it turned bright red again (actively bleeding). Im worried that its something OTHER than the fissure, that its me bleeding inside and its all dripping out of me. I DID have VERY bad diarrhea last night (IBS as a result of me stuffing my face with sweets and choc :( ) just before i went to bed but at the time there was no blood. Could this diarrhea set the random bleeding off...or is it something more serious? I feel 'ok' in myself (With HA i dont think you ever feel 100% ok) but am so worried that something is really wrong. What if there was something wrong and i didnt have the sigmoidoscopy and it wasnt found???

Please help if you can.
Charlotte

CONS
21-01-12, 14:04
I also have a fissure, I also bleed 3-4 times a year for a few days, bright red blood is fine, nothing to worry about at all, its dark brown blood that isnt fresh that you should be concerned with if you see it, which you wont.

I was told to simply live with it as surgery is complicated in such a delicate area and could leave you very sore for a much longer period of time afterwards.

Live with it, its ok.

chl_hobbs
22-01-12, 11:50
Thankyou...I am so worried today though. I went to the toilet and as i sat down and started to pass a (large and hard) stool, A LOT of blood (bright red) came out. I panicked and stood up to look and it was dripping out of my bum (TMI sorry) onto the floor (one or two blobs). It really did hurt when i passed the stool (it was quite big despite me taking laxative from DR) and there was A LOT of blood in the toilet bowl. I got my mum to look and even she was worried. PLEASE HELP ME. Im wanting to go to a+e.

CONS
22-01-12, 11:57
Nope, no need, this is perfectly normal, when I pass a large 'contipated' type it absolutely pours out also, its stretching an open wound even more open, all part of the condition so relax.

Like I said "bright red is absolutely fine"

sickandtired
22-01-12, 12:11
my daughter had exactly the same thing...I was petrified she had Crohns or even worse...the big c
she was given lactulose and movicol as she had a blockage in her bowel....she lost alot of blood (bright red) each time going to the toilet and her bowel movements went from one extreme to the other.She is now trying to eat more vegetables (which she hates!) and more fibre in her diet....the loser the stool,the less damage it can do,I imagine.She said it felt like burning.
She has a liking for fruit and fibre at the moment.I hope she doesnt suffer with it again,as its so distressing both for her and myself.....I cried when she had the examination....she's only 12 and was so embarrassed,but at least its nothing serious.

chl_hobbs
22-01-12, 12:25
Thankyou. It DID hurt when i passed the stool and before then and immediately after it hurt and stung a lot. It still stings now. Im trying to calm myself down as i know that there was pain in my anus so i sort of know that thats where its coming from, but seeing my mum look worried (she never usually does-usually she reassures ME) and ask me millions of questions ('do u have any stomach pain?' 'why are you coughing?' etc) is making me uneasy. There was so much blood though. I looked very carefully at the stool and it wasnt black or dark red, it was dark brown and a bit of bright red blood was on top of one end of it. Im so sorry for all the graphic info, im just so scared. Its so hard to believe that that much blood would come out of a tear. I read on one stupid website of a woman who said she 'almost died' from one. SO i keep worrying. I wont pass out or faint will i? Oh i hate this so much. Thanks again, Charlotte x

sickandtired
22-01-12, 13:17
It took many trips to the doctors before I was fully reassured about my daughters health..she had other symptoms too....headaches,back ache,sickness,stomach pains,ulcers in her mouth,styes in her eyes.....I even had them test her blood for Crohns.Of course it came back clear,but that was one thing off my list.Try not to read too much into the horror stories online.....
I suffered with very heavy periods,resulting in aneamia and chronic tiredness....I was convinced I had ovarian cancer....had all the tests..laparoscopy,hysteroscopy,blood tests and it seems Im just not producing progesterone....it was just a hormonal imbalance....nothing serious.
It might be worth just getting your bloods done,just to put your mind at rest.It does sound like a fissure and hard stools though.I know how you feel...all that bleeding is very scary.I would go back to the doctor for more reassurance.

haighy
22-01-12, 13:23
im bleeding from my anus but mines not bright red blood mines like lighter coloured and it isnt in my stool its in my bum hole more. your not alone