PDA

View Full Version : wrvs voluntary work

Granny Primark
21-01-12, 14:05
I registered with the wrvs months ago and after having my crb check and 2 references okd I started work on Tuesday.

Its at a huge place just down the road from me where people over 55 have independent living but there are loads of facilities all under one roof. (it was the first of its kind and was opended by the queen about 20 years ago and its in my "safety area")

I used to do care calls there when I was a community care worker before I became ill with anxiety and panic 5 years ago.

The wrvs supply meals to people who want them and me along with some others dish them out.
Its only 2 days a week but I absolutely adore it.
Its like old times when I was a carer.:yesyes:
Im hoping now that maybe I could become a voluntary befriender there to people who are lonely or if someone needs to go out but is worried about leaving their loved one on their own.
Its given me back a purpose in life again.
I just hope it continues.

CONS
21-01-12, 14:12
Hi Granny P, doubt you remember me but that job is what I am now doing full time and loving it, grats on getting into it again and all the best for the future.

celticlass62
21-01-12, 18:25
hi lynn my very special friend. well done on your job at wrvs , i know you will have them all laughing when you tell them all about mrs browns boys. enjoy yourself my friend at you job . love you lots and lots . celticlass xxxxxxxxxx :hugs:

Granny Primark
21-01-12, 18:58
:yesyes:lol ive already done that celticlass.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Im nominating Mrs Brown and boys for the best ever tv programme!!!
Asda 2 dvds for £7. The best £7 ive ever spent in my life.
Im now on comission for promoting Mrs Browns dvd:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::y ahoo::yahoo: