PDA

View Full Version : Memory Problems

JulesD
21-01-12, 14:41
I have been on citalopram for nearly 4 years, after having Post Natal Depression and am tapering off with no problems touch wood. i am starting to get a bit concerned about my memory and just general way in the way my brain works, its been like it for a good few years now, I cant think straight, I have an awful memory and I say and do the most bizarre things, as if I have no filter in my brain as to what and what is not appropriate. I am making so many mistakes at work, and I cant even explain them because i cant even remember the piece of work that I have worked on. I can send someone a text message, five mins later they reply and i have no idea what I have sent and have to re-read it back in my sent items. I go to the toilet and leave it unflushed, and today is the most embarrassing, I left a soiled sanitary towel at work on the window sill (sorry I know thats TMI), but it is this that has prompted me to write on here. what the hell was I thinking!!!!, my friend found it and disposed of it for me but I am mortified. I have had 5 minor accidents in the car in the last year because of my memory problems and not thinking straight. The list could go on and on but I cant remember most of it anyway. its not the normal busy mum baby brain its different to that, i can feel that there is a block in my brain that comprehends and understand stuff. Do you think it is the tablets, or should I talk to the doctor?

pinkunicorn
21-01-12, 16:44
Hi there....

I was on Citilopram for 2 and a half years and since coming off them about 5 months ago,I've found that memory is not the same either. I'm certain they have affected it. I can't remember things like I used to,I too make silly mistakes at work. It's so embarrasing. I'm not sure how much me sympathising with you helps.... but I do agree with you,they do definitely affect you memory.