PDA

View Full Version : another newbie

donatella
03-05-04, 16:18
hi all! I am Donatella, in my mid thirties and only very recently started to have panic attacks and it has ground my life to a halt. I had my first one a few months ago when I had started a uni course as a mature student and realised I was the oldest the oldest there. I had been kidding myself I was still young!
I come from the most dysfunctional background you could imagine, so life has never been easy...When I am not having them, I love music, reading, walking on the beach and generally aything easy going.:)

kate
03-05-04, 16:22
Hiya Donatella,

Welcome to the site!

Look forward to hearing more about you!

Kate x

nomorepanic
03-05-04, 16:30
Hi Donatella

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about the panic attacks - they are a real pain aren't they?

The first thing you should do is read Meg's "First Steps" post on both here and the website. She has got some great ideas for new sufferers and the advice may help you stop the panics getting any worse.

Post anything that you want to and we will try and help ok?

Nicola

donatella
03-05-04, 16:52
thanks guys, i was so relieved i wasn't the only one who had them...i have no-one to talk to about them, they were mentioned to my doctor but i don't want to mention it again. i migh like to try the st. john's wort but does it interfer with other medicines like voltarol, zomig and zydol?

nomorepanic
03-05-04, 17:13
Hi again

Take a look at this other post - it may help and there is a website link on there too.

st jons wort dosage (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1069)

Nicola

sarah
03-05-04, 18:05
Hiya Donatella

Welcome to the site. Glad to have you aboard.
I hopw we can be help to you. At least you now know you arent alone!!!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

seh1980
24-05-04, 15:21
Hi Donatella,

I started having panic attacks not too long ago as well so I understand what you're going through. It's not very nice, is it?
I'm sure you'll find this site very useful - I did!!
Take care.
Sarah (seh1980)

me
30-05-04, 21:31
hello donatella welcome to this wonderful site its full of great infomation and full of warm caring people who know what your going through.what are you doing at uni? i think your great cause i would be to nervous to do any studing now....you should be very proud of yourself x hope you are enjoying your bank holiday weekend keep in touch take care from mary x