PDA

View Full Version : Cerazette/cervical cancer.

madeuprolemodel
21-01-12, 16:25
I have been put on cerazette two weeks ago and i have been non stop bleeding... before i was put on it i was having a continuous period for two months and the doctor said this should help my periods out etc...

well it hasn't and I'm getting pretty worried in the first week they were light but not light enough to not b protected etc.. but now i am having horrific pains and really heavy periods.. even so i have to wear 2-3 towels ( sorry too much information)

I went back to the doctor but she wasn't too much help she has mde me do some blood tests for hormones and wants me to have a scan to see if everything is alright... which i am totally worried about...

I was wondering if there is a huge chance that i have cervical cancer and these are the symptoms etc.. i just read someone who was 23 years old (same as me) just died of it and it has scred the hell out of me and i am trying my hardest not to google anything

the other question is would a full blood work show anything remotely horrid like cancer/cervical cancer?

madeuprolemodel
21-01-12, 22:40
anyone?:weep:

LuSmith
21-01-12, 23:07
I'm sorry hun, couldn't read and run!

But I'm having exactly the same symptoms as you and have been on and off Tranexamic Acid for weeks. I've just had a baby 14 weeks ago but have been having continous bleeding problems since, pains and had heavy bleeding too.

Firstly, to get an idea - and you don't have to answer these if you don't want to!!

Have you had a sexual relationship before? Cervical cancer can only be caused by HPV (which up to 80% of females get in their life, but most clear away the virus on their own without even knowing they have it!!). HPV is only caused by sexual contact of some sort, so if you haven't yet then its unlikely to be that.

On the other hand, if you have it could STILL be any number of things.
I'm having the exact same fears as you but I'm trying to stay logical myself!
Cervical cancer does take years to develop (10-15 years for precancerous cells to change) therefore it would be unlikely to be so as it only shows symptoms in the more advanced stages. Continuous bleeding is probably more likely to be a hormone imbalance, endometriosis, fibroids or adhesions. Even infections can cause bleeding! Don't think that any of these things aren't fixable because they really are. It can also be something as simple as an ovarian cyst (which is likely what the doctor has ordered the scan for to check). A cyst is most likely to be benign but can easily cause problems and difficulties, some people don't even know they have one! Also PCOS (polycystic ovaries) can cause problems, and alot of females can have this.

If you've just started birth control maybe its not the right one for you.. perhaps something different would help stop the irregular bleeding. Though this would have to be something to discuss with your doctor. Did they offer you anything for the bleeding/pain?

As for the scan, do you know if its abdominal or transvaginal? Hopefully it will relieve your mind!

and did you have a pelvic exam prior to the dr giving you the pill? If there was anything sinister that was that bad, dr would have probably seen it and raised concern. The ultrasound is always the first step to figuring it out!

Hopefully you can get some answers soon and you won't worry about having something sinister - its very unlikely to be and would take years for something to develop!! It's very rare despite the media coverage on it in the past few years - its probably the reason more women worry about it!

Hope you're okay and don't worry too much. And stay away from googling about it or your symptoms as it never helps!! :hugs: xx