PDA

View Full Version : Extreme visual disturbance - anyone had this one?

Molly
14-06-06, 09:58
This was my first, most recurring and most dreaded symptom....

Woke up early having had nearly no sleep, rushing to get ready, tried to do up a necklace and as I squinted short sightedly to focus on the clasp everything from the vision on my upper right hand side moved around to behind me...felt like I could see it there through the back of my head, then it multiplied into the same image lots of times and moved around me.

I shut my eyes but it carried on whirling around my head, I lay down but could not feel the bed underneath me, even though I knew it was there, then my head started jerking upwards - toward the original direction of the image....

That was in 1995, and I can still picture that image today !

Does anyone else get this one?

I find that the worst thing is 'losing control of my eyes' as I cannot control what I am seeing or where I am looking as it is all the same image, then for days afterward I am scared to look closely at anything as I fear that the image will 'stick'.

Juliamidlands
15-06-06, 09:38
I can kind of relate to some of this- when I had my first PA, I felt as if my eyes were going to roll backwards as if I couldnt control what they were going! Very odd sensation but I'm sure it is just another anxiety symptom x

'To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world'.