PDA

View Full Version : my heart

Em.ma
21-01-12, 18:48
Hi.
Im very worreied about my heart
I cant walk up stairs without getting out of breath.
Also every few weeks i get this thing were i feel a baloon like feeling in my chest and i cant breathe for a few seconds (so hard to explain). its like air being sucked in. just randomly once every few weeks but i got it today after walking up stairs and being out of breath.
I am on the normal BMI scale albeit the top of range normal but i am very very very worried.

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

another way to describe it is chest contracts and i physically can not breathe at all.
i get this for a few seconds every few weeks :( so it cant be anxiety as it would be there more.
It feels like air is there and being pushed in.
i cant explain it but it feels so serious.

CONS
21-01-12, 18:49
Start to exercise more, go for short brisk walks, build to longer brisk walks, then this wont happen.

(Not to be a pleb but brisk is quick enough to get the heart pumping)

When people say exercise they immediately think of the gym and slogging your guts out, in your case this isnt necessary, you need to build up some stamina, walking will do this.

Em.ma
21-01-12, 18:54
Ok thank you.
I'll start walking home from college everyday :)
the breathing thing is panicking me though :( might have to see doc over it. its so real and scary.

CONS
21-01-12, 18:59
If I can give you anything Emma its this:

Even if it does feel bad just keep going, dont give in to feelings that can cause you to 'bubble' yourself through fear, many people here wont accept panic as part of their lives and many are so 'comforted' by avoidance that they cant rid themselves of it.

All the best

Em.ma
21-01-12, 19:01
the breathing thing though i get that once in a while for a few seconds , maybe every few weeks, i get air in chest and then i cant breathe until a few seconds later
and i have to suck a few breaths in. its like i can feel nothing in my chestit makes me choke on the air

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

Thanks Cons :)

Elen
21-01-12, 19:02
If I can give you anything Emma its this:

Even if it does feel bad just keep going, dont give in to feelings that can cause you to 'bubble' yourself through fear, many people here wont accept panic as part of their lives and many are so 'comforted' by avoidance that they cant rid themselves of it.

All the best

What a brillant post cons.

Elen

Em.ma
21-01-12, 21:20
I also think i may have another splinter lol.
I have a tiny brown thing in my toe lol.
Also the one i had three weeks ago the cut has still not healed and is still there.

lrforge
22-01-12, 02:07
Dumb question....does your back hurt? I notice that when my trapezius muscle is strained (muscle inbetween your shoulder blades and it runs to the back of your neck) I have a very hard time breathing and I get palps more....

Em.ma
22-01-12, 10:17
No my back doesnt hurt :)

Em.ma
31-03-12, 21:51
i dont want to re-post so thought id bump but this is happening again

Also every few weeks i get this thing were i feel a baloon like feeling in my chest and i cant breathe for a few seconds (so hard to explain). its like air being sucked in. just randomly once every few weeks but i got it today after walking up stairs and being out of breath.

its happening more often last couple of days but when im happy and unanxious.

its defo not anxiety caused.

i got up went back to bed last night and layed down then it happened and it went on for 5 seconds. chest constricted of air couldnt breathe was so scary.