PDA

View Full Version : My Mum

ParanoidScotsman
22-01-12, 00:05
My 81 yr old mum fell on black ice yesterday morning and broke her arm and she's in constant pain :weep::weep::weep: and i'm constantly worrying about her

And i had 8 cans of cider last night,drank some fizzy juice today and had for my dinner,a pizza and chips with curry sauce and a couple of hours after that i felt"full" and like i was going to be sick and i was and i got more panicky that i was going to die and i got slight pain in my chest, worrying about my mum and now this on top of it arrgh, can anyone please help??

quickman
22-01-12, 00:22
Hi mate,

Firstly - chest pains are an anxiety sign 95% of the time. If it was something serious like cardiac, you'd KNOW about it. :) You're concerned and affected by your mother's unfortunate accident [hope she gets well soon] and this is being reflected in your body.

As for youir diet...thats what happened to me Jan 2010. A ton of Tennants, some wetherspoons food and crisps and 3am I woke up with an intense chest pain. The likely chances are/were that it was severe indigestion - yes, indigestion hits the chest folks - and it can hurt. Adding sensitivity aka panic atop that can wind people into a sense of fear that it's cardiac related or even worse [I should know, I ended up like that!]

At least for the next few days, very least, you do need to refrain from the booze and the junk food chap - as said elsewhere, you will feel the betterness of doing so within a month.

ParanoidScotsman
22-01-12, 00:52
Hi mate,

Firstly - chest pains are an anxiety sign 95% of the time. If it was something serious like cardiac, you'd KNOW about it. :) You're concerned and affected by your mother's unfortunate accident [hope she gets well soon] and this is being reflected in your body.

As for youir diet...thats what happened to me Jan 2010. A ton of Tennants, some wetherspoons food and crisps and 3am I woke up with an intense chest pain. The likely chances are/were that it was severe indigestion - yes, indigestion hits the chest folks - and it can hurt. Adding sensitivity aka panic atop that can wind people into a sense of fear that it's cardiac related or even worse [I should know, I ended up like that!]

At least for the next few days, very least, you do need to refrain from the booze and the junk food chap - as said elsewhere, you will feel the betterness of doing so within a month.

Thanks Man for your kind words:)

tiddleypom
22-01-12, 11:34
I'm sorry to hear about your mum. Remember that a broken arm heals and she'll no doubt be back to her old self soon.

I think maybe you should reassess your diet. Junk food and alcohol make anxiety so much worse. Try switching to some more veggies and make sure you're getting enough B vitamins (and since it's winter in Scotland, D vitamins too because we usually get them from sunlight and we've not been getting very much of that stuff!)
Alcohol seems great at the time, but as soon as it wears off, the anxiety comes back with a vengence.
As a fellow Scot, I know what the drink culture is like here, but try to step back from it. I used to find that after a few drinks I could do anything, but the next day I could barely move for the panic.
Take some time to focus on your physical health. Learn to cook a couple of healthy dishes (the BBC recipe site is great) and try to stay off the drink.
The healthier you are, the easier it will be for you to be there for your mum.

Best of luck and best wishes to your mum.

ParanoidScotsman
25-01-12, 21:51
Im so sorry to hear about this and I know how painful it can actually be to watch somebody so old and fragile hurt themselves! The only thing you can do is be there for her as a daughter and look after her - treat her to her favourite food and some flowers to cheer her up maybe! does other family visit and does she have anybody living with her ? x

Oh yes my cousin and his wife, neighbours have been great!

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

I'm REALLY frustrated and panicky i'm not doing a good job of helping her,please help

Had an Argument with my mum(she also has dementia) 20 ins ago,she started to say the sheet on the table on the living room was on"wrong" when it's been on the same way for the last week and she was starting to remove it and i was trying to be calm saying"It's fine mum,no need to" i took it away from her and she started to get agitated at me and i saif the sheet was on right and i asked to sit down so she could relax and watch the tv and she she stated to go about not wanted to sit down and i hate to say it i got snappy and said"MUM WILL YOU JUST SIT DOWN" and she stared at me and said she was fed of me"dictating" to her (read- me just trying to help her and stop her from doing things wrong) then it got into a bit of shouting match both ways and she said "You wouldnt shout at me if you dad was here" (my dad died in 2003) and she said she was going to her bed and i said it was not time and she said she was going and she tried to put the table past i use to put my laptop on after she does go to bed and i said "mum, i use that table, you dont have to touch it" and she was persisting , and i kept saying i was trying to help an she kept saying "Ha, you dont help me" and i took he up to her bed and i was trying to get her ready for bed and she was getting agitated said to me" your not letting me go to bed" and i said i was trying to put her pyjamas on her then she got up and walked into my room and tried to go into my bed and ia sked her what she was doing and she said if she couldnt sleep in her bed she would sleep in mine and i said her bed was in the other room and i took her back,she wouldnt let me put her pyjamas on and said she didnt want my help and she just wanted to slip away and i told her not to talk like that as it was upsetting to me and i said i loved her and try to help her and she just was like"aye right" then i went to give her her tablets and she said she didnt want it and i got a bit firm and i said "You HAVE to take your tablets" and she just gave me a look,so she took her tablet and she is now in her bed with no pyjamas,just her jumper and underclothes on.

Am i doing on wrong??.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

Mu mum just this moment came down star and said sorry for what she said as she is just hurting, i cry inside so much for her*weeps*.

Anyone got any thoughts??.