PDA

View Full Version : Worried about going back to work

Wuboo
22-01-12, 10:30
This morning I was thinking about going back to work and got myself quite panicy and sick and dizzy. I've been trying to block the though out so I feel ok but I expect I should think about it to try and cope with the panic thoughts?

morning_blues
22-01-12, 11:07
Hiya,
Going back to work has provided a focus your anxiety and given it something to feed off - the negative thoughts leading to the physical symptoms. You could try some thought challenging to acknowledge it. Try writing down what it is you are worried about particularly, then list some alternative scenarios or solutions - get it off your chest by putting it on paper. Then leave it - walk away and do something to distract yourself - go for a walk/read. When you are feeling better you can come back to your list and try and look at it objectively and work out some positive actions. If you've been off work for a while could you ask for a phased return? your GP can write you a note for this - might take the pressure off and give a bit of a safety net.
Hope that is some help?

Wuboo
22-01-12, 11:10
Yeah thanks it was a help, I currently write a blog about my thoughts so I will try writing some things down. Thanks again.

morning_blues
22-01-12, 11:17
:) Good luck!