PDA

View Full Version : Help me out if u could please...

Downsouthdevil
22-01-12, 12:56
Hi all, hope u r all having a good Sunday...

I am hoping some of u can put my mind at rest... I have been suffering from Dizziness and unsteadiness for 8 months and had a battery of tests that have come back clear... One of these tests was a neuro appt where the doc performed the Romberg Test.. I didn't fall but could feel my feet and ankles moving and I felt as though my head was being pulled side to side but there was only minimal sway...

When u stand with your feet together and your eyes closed does this happen to you??

Looking forward to some responses.

Have a good day.

countrygirl
22-01-12, 22:27
Just tried it and I felt a bit as if I was swaying but not to the point of thinking i was falling. I have always felt like this whenever I have done the test. The one I could not do was the heel and toe walk putting one foot directly in front of other touching toe with heel, staggered all over the place much to amusement of neuro but apparently this is quite normal.

Downsouthdevil
23-01-12, 12:36
Ah thanks for your reply? Was the issue heel to toe walking with you eyes open or closed?

Carys
23-01-12, 14:11
Oh yeah, definitely wobbly, the eyes are part of the sensory system that keeps your balance. When eye sight is removed then you tend to sway ( you should see me do the wii fit stability test, when you have to close your eyes LOL!!) Sometimes with my eyes shut in the shower I feel just as you described.