PDA

View Full Version : Please read me?

haighy
22-01-12, 13:03
ok im a 25 year old footballer and im the captain of my side, but recently ive been suffering from panic attacks and health anxiety and i havent played football for 9 weeks and i played today i only managed to play 25minutes and i had to bring myself off felt very unwell faint nauseas and pale. im really worried that its something terminal i cant not play football i love it too much but im scared im going to have a heart attack or ive got some undiagnosed problem even my team mates said i looked like a ghost. any helpful comments would be very much appreciated.:weep::weep::weep:

hungrycaterpillar
22-01-12, 13:58
It does sound like the symptoms you have are down to anxiety. Anxiety makes us feel terrible, and the feelings are very real and very physical.
What things are worrying you at the moment?

Dazza
22-01-12, 14:12
Sorry to hear this mate.

My advice to anyone who has recently started feeling like this should go and get checked by the doctor, just to set your mind at ease that there isn't anything seriously wrong with you.

Then you can work at managing your anxiety, through support from people, CBT or medication if you feel it's necesarry to calm you down.

crystal17
22-01-12, 14:32
I agree with Dazza, I would go to your doctor, explain how you feel and ask for a full set of blood tests. Then assuming they are all clear, you can perhaps look into whether its anxiety making you feel like this.

CONS
22-01-12, 18:03
I agree with Dazza, I would go to your doctor, explain how you feel and ask for a full set of blood tests.

This ^

In the earliest stages its best to get checked out with bloods and get your blood pressure monitored, get him listen to your chest etc

Dont wait for him to offer, ASK him to do the tests mentioned.

Em.ma
22-01-12, 18:54
Your also normally very active so im sure your heart is nice and healthy.
It all sounds like Anxiety symtopms.