PDA

View Full Version : Fibroids and ovarian cyst worries

bashley
22-01-12, 15:39
Hi I have had 4 vaginal scans since last year, have been told I have an ovarian cyst and 2 fibroids. I'm so scared as my best friend died last year at 44 of womb cancer. Im in quite a bit of pain in the back and around the left side! Had smear last June everything ok, had the c125 test never heard anything that was last year so I assume that's ok too. But I'm so scared as I had sex this morning and have had blood streaked discharge, I am seeing gynacologist on the 31st to see what's happening about the cyst. I'm so scared its cancer and I'm dying. When I asked the ultrasound nurse if there was anything to worry about she just shrugged her shoulders and said well you still have the cyst! I don't want to die I have 2children I'm 40 this year and want to see them grow up. I have depression and awful health anxiety this is pushing me over the edge. Please can someone reassure me! Sorry if I'm a pain'

miss_t
22-01-12, 18:11
Hi,

I had a couple of vaginal scans as I was bleeding between periods and after sex. Sometimes dark red, sometimes bright ans sometimes blood streaked discharge. I also had pelvic pain and back pain.

The outcome was multiple ovarian cysts consistent with PCOS (but my hormones are ok) and a few intramural fibroids. I don't need any treatment and do still get back and pelvic pain.

I can understand how frightened you must be but please, try not to worry. Its easier said than done, believe me, I know. Do you have any other symptoms indicative of womb cancer? What type of fibroids do you have?

countrygirl
22-01-12, 22:18
Please believe me if the scans had shown anything that the radiologist thought was even slightly suspicious you would have been seen by a gyny within days of the scan. I know this as my half cousin had ovarian and womb cancer ( I didn't even know you could get both together) and a simple ultrasound showed that things were very wrong and she was phoned by her GP within 24 hrs of the scan and saw the gyny next day as an emergency. He CA125 results were stratsopheric as well.

So the fact you are having to wait to see the gyny is very good sign that the scan shows a simple cyst.

I have had a couple of simple cysts and they have both gone away themselves eventually. One took 6 months and as it was quite large I had the ca125 test plus an mri and it was just a fluid filled cyst that resolved by time of my follow up scan 6 months later.

I totally understand your fears as I had bleeding issues when my relative was ill and of course I panicked but it was peri meno with me. It usually is just wonky hormones!