PDA

View Full Version : Lifestyle

W.I.F.T.S.
14-06-06, 10:34
I don't feel like I've got the lifestyle that I want at all. I work 2-10pm most evenings and 12-8pm every other saturday in a warehouse. I come in at night, have a quick drink and then I have to go to bed because we get up again at about 7.30 for me to take my fiancee to work. I don't go on holidays because of my panic attacks, in fact I don't leave my small town very much. I spend my mornings on the computer.

I guess I have to break it down into small changes. No wonder I'm miserable though.

I want to get into football coaching, which would provide me with mental and physical stimulation, a sense of achievement and variety. I'm going to book the next course that I can.

If I could get into that then I would have more control over my working hours and environment and I would have career progression. I'm probably at the ideal age to do it too. Ok, so it might involve weekend and evening work, but that would give me the opportunity to do other things during the week.

Do you know what I mean? I've been working in a mindless job for 3 years, the same thing day after day and it's been hard to see a way out. The hardest thing is that the money I earn only keeps debts off my back and most other jobs round here would pay even less.

It will be great to feel like I'm moving, learning and growing again.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

Meg
14-06-06, 13:32
Hi Simon

Good for you for realizing you need to make these changes and your plans to do it slowly are excellent one and more likely to be lasting.

Take care

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Rennie1989
14-06-06, 14:58
Thats sounds great! I like football too, lol. But it is a great way to get out of the house and to get involved in something.

Good luck with the football coaching.

Scooties Back

Paddington
14-06-06, 15:28
wow wish,that is fab news,it will be brill 4 you.hey you movin on and up fella!Keep us posted bout that ,it will inspire others to make that leap of faith!Love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Southern_Belle
15-06-06, 17:42
I think this is great news! You have posted before that this is what you want and that you are taking steps to do it is just wonderful. Great job!

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

darkangel
15-06-06, 17:48
hi

i think it is good that you are planning a change - doing it in small steps sounds a good idea.

i wanted a complete change too and started by a night class in counselling and im on my 10th week and loving it - it gives me real satisfaction and my confidence and self esteem is growing again slowly.

good luck and keep us all posted

darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving