PDA

View Full Version : PTSD and Work

Albry11
22-01-12, 21:03
Hi, I'm new and I need some advice. I've gotten fired from 4 jobs in 4 years. All work related stuff. My therapist says it's work-related PTSD. I've gotten overwhelmed, had panic attacks and couldn't function. I've gotten better and I'm at a job now where I feel much more comfortable. I've regained some of my confidence and I'm not having panic attacks every day. But I AM having a big problem. I recently got a promotion to a different area of the company. My boss is great and really supportive, but I'm finding myself having problems. I'm not having panic attacks. If I was, I could handle them. I'm getting SLEEPY. I've fallen asleep at my desk more times than I can count. Every time I try to start on a report, I can't keep my eyes open. I have a script for Adderall, but it makes me too jittery and usually starts a panic attack. Caffeine doesn't help and sugar just adds on weight. I believe that the sleepiness is related to panic and avoidance. But what can I do? I HAVE to work. I could get fired again. I'm really scared. Has anyone gone through something similar?

FRANKIEISBACK
08-02-12, 19:05
oh yes

are you on an ssri ?