PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I suffer from anxiety its time to talk

Tillykitten
22-01-12, 21:05
I am the mother of two teenagers, 15 and 18. I have suffered from anxiety, panic attacks, low self esteem and is accompanying issues for most of my life, but not done anything postiive about it until now.

About ten years ago I was bullied at work, which resulted in my forced resignation, this was a major trigger. More recently I lost my father, I was totally inconsolable and knew that this was not just grief. i have a few really good friends who have been great.

I am taking Citalopram 20 mg, I had side effects for two weeks, but hung on in there and am feeling much better now. When I look back I realise I should have done this long ago instead of just battling on. I can't change the past but I can shape my future. i am feeling more positive now I love the countryside and walkng. Do things which give you pleasure and look after yourself is my motto.

Hope this helps.

diane07
22-01-12, 21:10
Hi Tillykitten

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

ShelleE
22-01-12, 21:24
Welcome! I haven't been a member long but have found out so much and realise I am not alone.

I am a mum to two children 4 & 9 and worry more about how I will affect them with my anxiety and panic attacks than anything else.

I was on medication but for a number of reasons came off so trying to beat it without it!

Hang on in there and keep up the positivity that only helps :)
x

CrazyC
22-01-12, 23:03
Welcome to the forum. :) lots of supportive people on here.