PDA

View Full Version : Herp a derp a lerp - hello

Panic Manic
23-01-12, 00:40
Erm so I am new here, I have agoraphobia . I thought I would come here for help? :shrug:

I hope you all are having a nice day. :) :unsure:

nomorepanic
23-01-12, 00:43
Hi Panic Manic

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

kittikat
23-01-12, 12:15
Hi and welcome Panic Manic. How long have you been suffering and do you know what caused your agorophobia? Hope things aren't too bad for you at the moment.

I think I have had a slow onset of it since my panic/anxiety came out of the blue a few years ago. It's been up & down since then for me. Don't think mine is extreme although it does seriously restrict what I can & can't do, where I can & can't go etc, and I do have what I call my 'comfort zone' and view my home as the only place I really feel safe.

I hope you get all the support & help you need here. :)

Panic Manic
23-01-12, 12:51
Hi and welcome Panic Manic. How long have you been suffering and do you know what caused your agorophobia? Hope things aren't too bad for you at the moment.

I think I have had a slow onset of it since my panic/anxiety came out of the blue a few years ago. It's been up & down since then for me. Don't think mine is extreme although it does seriously restrict what I can & can't do, where I can & can't go etc, and I do have what I call my 'comfort zone' and view my home as the only place I really feel safe.

I hope you get all the support & help you need here. :)

I dropped out of school when I was 14? I had to be homeschooled via online high school. I don't leave the house but once every 5 months, ish :shrug: ... that is a struggle for me :l

My 'comfort zone' is my room.... other parts of the house I don't feel 'safe' in.

kittikat
23-01-12, 13:41
Wow, poor you that sounds extreme to me :ohmy: It must be hard for you. Hope you are getting some help from doctor/therapist. I found the article on agorophobia here very helpful, I didn't realise I had the symptoms until I read it and just put it down to anxiety. I hope you can eventually venture out a little more. Can you get out if you have a trusted friend or family member with you?

Panic Manic
23-01-12, 22:40
Wow, poor you that sounds extreme to me :ohmy: It must be hard for you. Hope you are getting some help from doctor/therapist. I found the article on agorophobia here very helpful, I didn't realise I had the symptoms until I read it and just put it down to anxiety. I hope you can eventually venture out a little more. Can you get out if you have a trusted friend or family member with you?

I am not getting help yet. I kind of lied to my doc and he gave me zoloft, which don't help. I think he is realizing something is up as I avoid him and only go in every 4 months instead of every month lmao.

I don't have anyone 'their for me' right now. But when I did it was ok to go in public :l .