PDA

View Full Version : Relationship. Loveless Days.

CrazyC
23-01-12, 06:11
Can anyone help me understand these feelings i sometimes have.

I have days where i dont feel very loving. I feel abit lost and cant tell my boyfriend how much i love him as i would feel a liar. Most of the time i love him to bits, he is supportive,caring, loyal, understanding! Ive never had a nice loving boyfriend before he tries to help with my anxiety and SAD which makes me feel even more guilty when im having one of these days. Do i over think these thoughts? :unsure:

I was single for 2 years because i wanted to find myself and sort my problems out,i had casually dated and became friends with a few men but i never wanted anything more than friendship with them but then when i met my boyfriend i wanted more. I cant explain what or why i was attracted and KNEW he was the one i wanted to get in a relationship with.

I have moments where i feel lost. He isnt controlling but i have began to rely on him as a safe person...and this scares me i feel i may slip into old ways and not go out unless with him. :scared15: he is such a catch and i dont even feel good enough for him but days like this really screw with my head!!

I know some people will say i should probably break up if im "unsure" and everything but i think deep down i do love him other wise i wouldnt have been so interested in the first place. :flowers: I read something similar on here but i cannot find it now....

CONS
23-01-12, 07:51
Doubting yourself is one thing, doubting him is another.

When you have anxiety you become very introverted, always worrying about yourself, how others see you and what they think when they are with you.

When your over-analyse everything your view can become warped, your answering yourself based on what could happen and what might be.

Best advice I had with relationships was this:

"Forget about the future, what will happen, concentrate on each moment together, enjoy the now"

Most people forget this, I used to get caught up at times, if its wrong you will surely know.

Lastly, people seem to think because they are ill or have problems that it is a burden on their partner,
my God its the bare minimum of what a lover should do for you when it comes to being patient and showing understanding.

Those are foundations of a relationship, you would do the same if it was reversed, right?

Yes it can get frustrating, its in our nature to let ourselves go now and again.

Enjoy the now, dont push him away and see how you feel.

All the best

Stormsky
23-01-12, 09:57
Its perfectly normal with anxiety to feel detached from people, detached from any emotion... As CONS said, we are so wrapped up in worrying about ourself...Ive read many threads on here about people saying they dont feel 'love' for their partner or anyone for that matter...
So i will not be saying you should 'break up', you do obviously love your partner, and he sounds like hes a great support and a great guy fullstop... you KNOW you love him, so stop worrying, and just except this is part of your anxiety only....

william wallace
23-01-12, 16:04
Hi Crazyc. Please go to the search bar and type in ROCD, this might explain some things:)

LilyPad1991
24-01-12, 13:31
What a brilliant thread. I hate this feeling, sometimes I look at my boyfriend and think 'I know I love you... But I can't feel it.' I feel numb and it scares me and makes me feel even more alone. I find it hard to believe it is anxiety sometimes, it feels like I'm going mad but in my logical mind I know this isn't the case!