PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain when I;m breathing in!! Help!

VioletWings
23-01-12, 12:48
It really it hurting in my left side of chest when I'm breathing in just now.. it hurts in my left chest .. what isthis!?!?

Stormsky
23-01-12, 13:15
muscle or rib pain more than likely... i get it alot...

Sabre
23-01-12, 13:17
I get this alot as well!
If you touch inbetween your ribs on the left side does it hurt?

VioletWings
23-01-12, 14:05
I get this alot as well!
If you touch inbetween your ribs on the left side does it hurt?

Um, I don't think so, but I have had rib pain in the past. I think this may be indigestion.. it went away when I lay down but now I've got up I can feel it threatening to come back! Horrible :weep:

Sabre
23-01-12, 14:17
Mine gets better if i lye down as well! some days my ribs wont hurt and other days if i just gently press the muscle inbetween it really hurts, every doctor i told about this are never concerned and told me to just take pain killers the days the muscles are hurting!
Try taking some gaviscon see if it helps any, i have also tried ranitidine to see if it helped any incase it was indigestion but they didnt do i great deal for me :unsure:

VioletWings
23-01-12, 16:04
=( I hope yours goes away too! Do you think your is anxiety induced pain or something else? If the doctors aren't worried it mustn't be anything bad. Thanks for the advice on the gaviscon. Don't think we've got any in but I'll see what we have got.

Sabre
23-01-12, 18:10
Yeah i reckon mine is induced anxiety pain!
Apparently its very easy to pull are chest muscles especially when anxious because we put them under constant tension, so ye i honestly do think its my anxiety that causes my pain!
Let me know if the gaviscon works for you and if it does might be worth having a word with your doctor to see if you can get some ranitidine tablets, there only a mild anti-acid tablet and you will be fine taking them! just didnt do much for me but nor does gaviscon lol
Hope you manage too get sorted as well i know how painful and discomforting it is.

carefree68
23-01-12, 19:22
I have had this kind of chest pain for months if I move around it hurts but if I lie still its ok. I think it is because I hold myself tense and occasionally I become aware of it and physically tell myself to drop my shoulders and relax, self protection to hold yourself tight. (if you know what I mean) this also hurts my neck and back as well. Pain killers work well and patience, I try to ignore it. Hope this makes sense/helps.