PDA

View Full Version : HA is a poweful thing!

turnthelighton
23-01-12, 14:54
Back from the Doc's as HA sky high over the last week. Have had pressure, tight feelings around middle and pressure on front of neck. Doc says it is all down to my HA and has given me extra medicine for 7 days to try and break the cycle.

I have come to the conclusion that I will have this all my life and need to learn how to manage it!

Sabre
23-01-12, 14:57
I have come to the conclusion that I will have this all my life and need to learn how to manage it!

Me too! think we need to stop thinking its something we can get rid off, accept it and try to keep it under control!

Carys
23-01-12, 15:11
A doctor ( a wise one I think ) once told me that my body and mind reacted to stress in a certain way; ocd symptoms, HA and GAD. Some people get high BP, stomach ulcers and IBS, my response is just a different one to theirs.
The fact was that I would always have a tendency to head into those OCD/HA/GAD symptoms when I was under pressure and what I needed to do was find a way to deal with them quickly and effectively and find coping strategies. I accepted a long time ago, that the tendency to have panic/anxiety issues could be with me forever, but it was how I dealt with them that made the difference. They could drive me into despair and life-long illness, or they could be nothing more than a passing irritation. That acceptance helped me, I know it doesn't help everyone, but it helped in losing my fear of the anxiety as it meant I viewed it as nothing more than a reaction to life stresses, and it could be dealt with.

Good Luck :yesyes: