PDA

View Full Version : Swollen glands

Harribo
23-01-12, 17:53
So usually we get swollen glands to battle of infections as far as I know? I have had swollen glands for about 2 months now and sometimes they are tender to touch but I have no infection nor am I ill... I have had blood tests done recently and they tested for everything practically I am a perfectly healthy chap. I am starting to actually realise this! Can swollen glands be caused by anxiety? Also got rashes on both my armpits that are quite red anyone had this before? Should I change my soap or dehodrant? Thanks in advance all advice welcome! :)

-Harry.

LauraJay
23-01-12, 18:19
I'm assuming they are in your armpits?

I have had some in my neck for nearly 4 months. Many DRs including an ENT surgeon told me they can stay up for a long time, even years, if the nodes scar from infection. I even had an ultrasound done and it showed reactive nodes.

Harribo
23-01-12, 18:45
No the glands in my armpits seem fine, its the ones in my neck which are swollen. I wouldn't know where to look for the glands in my armpits, my girlfriend said if your armpit ones are swollen they ache though and my arms do not ache one bit :/ I just have a rash under each one....

happycarrot
24-01-12, 04:02
If you're like many of us here, you might be poking at the lymph nodes constantly, trying to see if they're swollen or sore. Don't do that! :) They can stay swollen and sore because of all the poking and prodding. Just check once a day or less. If you have any kind of scalp infection, acne on your neck, things like that, those can cause your neck lymph nodes to swell. As for your armpits I would probably try a different deodorant.