PDA

View Full Version : HOLIDAY! help haha

pablo22
24-01-12, 00:03
ok so its crunch time... all my friends are going to Chicago for the summer... so 2 and a half - 3 months away from home.. never been away from home/family this length of time! i found an anxiety group in Chicago that meets once weekly ... so .. you think i should go? lol i d love to know other peoples experience of going away etc!!

Harribo
24-01-12, 01:45
Life is about living and seeing new things and enjoying it....so why not it will be a great experience. Go for it. You have nothing to lose :)

-Harry.

Wuboo
24-01-12, 12:23
I'd say go for it. Don't let anxiety stop you from doing things, if you do it means it's winning!

Maybe try some meditation before you go. Have a look at Amazon for jon kabat-zinn

sickandtired
24-01-12, 12:39
I say go for it! a holiday is just what you need......I never get panic attacks in Summer....when the sun is shining....everythings ok :D

all that relaxation can only be good for your mind,enjoy

Em84
24-01-12, 13:38
Def go.....I wish I could have a break! How good there's a group that meets up! I wish there was something like that here. I'm in the middle of a panic attack and I have no one to knock on and speak to, as a lot of my friends have just moved away......anxiety is a lonely problem when everyone around doesn't understand.....

pablo22
24-01-12, 18:47
ye **** it im going to do it... if i never go ill never know! i know anxiety can be very lonely sometimes :(