PDA

View Full Version : Mental health and employment study - volunteers needed

livs37
24-01-12, 01:57
Hi, I’m a final year Psychology student at Manchester Metropolitan University looking for forum members who would like to take part in my dissertation research project. The research will focus on employment and mental health, with particular attention given to the issue of disclosing a mental health condition to an employer and the potential impact of the impending reforms to incapacity benefit. These are major concerns for many people experiencing mental health difficulties and results from this research could provide valuable insight in to these issues. You do not have to be in employment to take part in the study, the only requirement is that you have some experience of having problems with mental health (past or present).

Participation will involve taking part in either a telephone or instant messenger conversation (whichever you prefer) lasting approximately one hour to discuss mental health and employment. I have chosen this method rather than a survey as I am hoping to gain an understanding of the unique, in-depth experiences of individuals. I believe this is important for the particular research topics I am exploring. I am more than happy to e-mail a copy of the questions you will be asked prior to the conversation on request.

The interview will be recorded and later transcribed for analysis, with the final report reviewed by members of academic staff at the University and potentially subsequently published. All information you provide will not be associated with your name and you will have the option to provide a pseudonym (an alternative name) for this purpose.
As a volunteer, you are free to withdraw from the study at any point. Please just inform me a.s.a.p if you do decide to withdraw (see contact details below), and your information will be removed. Results of the study will be available on request, upon completion of the study in April 2012.

Please reply on this topic, or send a private message to my account here if you wish to participate, and I will send further information on providing a pseudonym and arranging a convenient interview time. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have about the research.

Thanks

Catherine

Harribo
26-01-12, 02:06
I would love to participate, erm could you private message me the questions on here and then maybe we could arrange a time :) thanks.

-Harry

livs37
26-01-12, 20:44
Hi Harry,

Many thanks for offering to participate in the study. I've just sent you a PM with some further information about interview arrangements and questions. Hope to hear from you soon.

Catherine

ElizabethJane
26-01-12, 21:40
Hi Catherine I have sent you an email but so far have not had a reply from you. EJ

livs37
26-01-12, 23:04
I'm very sorry Elizabeth I've not seen any e-mails from you in my inbox or I would have been in touch. Thanks for letting me know on here. I'll send you some further information in a private message.

Catherine

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

If anyone else is having difficulty contacting me on my yahoo e-mail (haygarthc85@yahoo.co.uk (haygarthc85@yahoo.co.uk)) please send me a private message or reply on this topic.

There has been quite a lot of interest but I am still looking for more volunteers who could spare an hour of their time.

Thanks

Catherine

ElizabethJane
03-02-12, 07:29
Hi all I have just completed the research questionnaire over the phone with Catherine. It was interesting and easy to do. EJ

Alana
07-02-12, 21:56
I am interested in this if you would like to pm me the details :)

livs37
08-02-12, 13:39
Hi Alana, thanks for your interest. I've just sent you some more info in a private message :)