PDA

View Full Version : Hello Again!

in1peace
24-01-12, 05:32
I have been at this site for many years, but have not taken advantage of it in a while. If it weren't for this site, I may have died back in 2005 when I was having panic attacks. I was ready to take my life because the panic would not stop. Not even in my sleep. If I tried to sleep, it was worse... I'd wake up in the middle of a panic attack!! I've been treated with counseling and meds for many years now. I have felt alot better and I don't go into full-blown panic anymore. However, I still fight anxiety and panic. I just want to thank everyone who embraced me from the start. And I also want to let any new-comers know that this is a good place to start your process of healing. And it's a great place to come back to for support. Eeyore Lover is one of my buddies. I've talked to her on the phone, via snail mail, MSN, yahoo. Now we keep in touch via Facebook. Last year I was brave enough to come out about my disorders and let everyone know on my Facebook page what I deal with. I've had mainly positive responses from people who've known me a long time. But NMP gave me a hiding place when I wasn't ready for anyone to know about my disorders. This is an excellent site. Learn to use the chat room and forums to meet people. When you realize there are soooo many others who deal with these disorders, it becomes part of your healing process. Suddenly it's not so frightening when you have new friends going through it with you! I promise there is hope and help!! I am a miracle. I went from agoraphobia to become a Licensed Massage Therapist. If someone like me can get to that point, I know YOU can too! I am so glad you are here!

diane07
24-01-12, 05:34
Hi in1peace

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

caroline-j
24-01-12, 20:20
Hi in1peace, Great to hear that you have come out the other side. Well done for becoming a Massage Therapist. All the best.X

in1peace
22-07-15, 21:52
Bump....for the person who questioned my thoughts about this site. Enough said? :shades: