PDA

View Full Version : It's time to nip this in the bud!

Titaniclad
24-01-12, 13:18
Hi guys

My name is Dee & I'm an alcoholic..
Opp wrong forum!

I'm from Belfast and for as long as I can remember, well since my early teens I have suffered from blushing, fast heartbeat, sweaty palms and a trembling voice when called to speak.

As my username shows my interest in life is Titanic.
Last week I attended a 3 minute audition with 2 on the panel, prior to hopefully getting selected for an interview to work as 'front of house' at Titanic Belfast.
It didn't help me any that one of the panel was the CEO and despite having a sound knowledge of my scenario my voice trembled the whole time and I thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest.

I would love to banish these feelings once and for all and I've just ordered the book"Been there done that'. I'm glad I found No more panic and I'm looking forward to making friends who are going through similar or have recovered and came out on the 'otherside' of freedom.

I'm also getting married in April, (Titanic 1912 themed of course) and there's nothing more than would please me, (except of course for my beautiful wife to be) than to have, not so severe feelings that I'm, at present predicting.

Love Light & Peace
Dee

diane07
24-01-12, 13:19
Hi Titaniclad

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Titaniclad
24-01-12, 13:28
Thanks Diane:)

Stormsky
24-01-12, 13:56
hi and welcome.
Do you take meds ?or have you at any time?

Titaniclad
24-01-12, 15:56
hi and welcome.
Do you take meds ?or have you at any time?

Hi Stormsky I'm reluctant to take any, even if I have a headache
it "rides the storm"

Stormsky
24-01-12, 17:10
Have you been to talk to GP, or considered CBT?
I dont take meds, i dont think they cure the problem.. Positive thinking , diet, exercise, vitamins, these are the only things I can do to help myself at present. Dont add fear to future events, like your wedding...
With things like interviews etc,before you go, picture yourself being confident, being calm..
Hope the book youve ordered helps too..

theharvestmouse
24-01-12, 17:19
Will you go down on your wedding night? :blush:

Titaniclad
25-01-12, 09:11
Will you go down on your wedding night? :blush:

Of course, no inhibitions there :D

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

Have you been to talk to GP, or considered CBT?
I dont take meds, i dont think they cure the problem.. Positive thinking , diet, exercise, vitamins, these are the only things I can do to help myself at present. Dont add fear to future events, like your wedding...
With things like interviews etc,before you go, picture yourself being confident, being calm..
Hope the book youve ordered helps too..

I haven't been to see my GP Stormsky however a think an appointment would do me good, if anything if he can point me in the right (NHS) direction. I'll also look into CBT. Thanks for the pointers:winks: