PDA

View Full Version : someone explain to me

haighy
24-01-12, 13:40
ok i started meds citralopram just over a week ago and yesterday i felt i had my best day in 8 weeks then all of a sudden i fell asleep and i woke up with my chest pounding and the fear of dying overcame my whole body like a hot feeling. it was around 25 mins after i had intercourse with my partner and i was really relaxed like you are lol, and then it woke me up when i drifted off it happened 3 times in night too. surely anxiety cant come when your not expecting it when your relaxed,:weep: so im frightened its something serious now help me. im a 25 year old male.

Wuboo
24-01-12, 13:55
It does come at the most inconvenient times! When you've had a good day I find it pops up and says "Hi, still here!".

With Citralopram and other AD's you will possibly find slightly increased anxiety for a couple of weeks but will go soon enough. You might be relaxed but there are anxious thoughts in your subconscious still swimming around. You might wanna try some relaxing music when you go off to sleep or better still go for a nice run and have a shower before bed and avoid sugary food and drinks, also avoid caffeine a few hours before bed.

Em84
24-01-12, 13:59
Hi

I'm afraid it can...I'm in the middle of a bad panic attack at the min all started because my right eye went blurry....I've been sitting watching tv, waking in the night for no reason the panic starts.....
This is why I get so fed up....even if I make sure I'm happy, it still happens.....it's like a never ending battle.
I stopped taking Citalopram then Sertraline as the pills were making ms worse...worse than now anyway.
X

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Oh but please don't just stop taking your Meds....everyone is different! They just didn't work for me even after 5 weeks.....