PDA

View Full Version : Emotional?

Goggy
24-01-12, 20:43
Hi guys :) I hope everyone is alright

Was just wondering if being very emotional is normal into week 6 of an up dosage?
The whole of this week I have cried more than I have in my life and it's just about random stuff that I used to be able to handle :(
Can't wait to feel normal cause this sucks !

nicola1980
24-01-12, 20:51
Hi im coming up to week 4 of an increase and all ive done is cry but i have got a water infection too so not sure whats causing the tears the infection or the increase but ive cried buckets the past week! Hope you feel better soon x x

Jmac
24-01-12, 23:24
I spent the better part of a week crying on Cipralex which is similar to Citalopram. I believe it was around the same time as you. Somewhere between 6 and weeks. After that very tearful week, my mood lifted and things got increasingly better overall. A few blips here and there but overall so much better.

Hang in there and as far as I'm concerned, if you feel like crying, do it. Better out than in!

Goggy
25-01-12, 03:41
Sorry to hear u have an infection :( not fun especially when on this med I know, how do u think you are going with it ?

Hi im coming up to week 4 of an increase and all ive done is cry but i have got a water infection too so not sure whats causing the tears the infection or the increase but ive cried buckets the past week! Hope you feel better soon x x

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

Thanks jmac :) its a strange feeling wanting to cry all the time isn't it ! That good it is working for u :) I guess we can expect for it to be 100% got to have some bad days too :(

I spent the better part of a week crying on Cipralex which is similar to Citalopram. I believe it was around the same time as you. Somewhere between 6 and weeks. After that very tearful week, my mood lifted and things got increasingly better overall. A few blips here and there but overall so much better.

Hang in there and as far as I'm concerned, if you feel like crying, do it. Better out than in!

morning_blues
25-01-12, 19:31
I'm in week 7 on cit and feeling really low and emotional - though am having a strange experience of feeling really tearful but unable to cry. Was much better last week - it feels a bit like two steps forward one step back. But it is all bearable, and my partner has reminded me that compared to how I was before starting citalopram it's nothing! Hopefully it will pass, hang in there and keep thinking tomorrow is another day, next week is a new week, and it will get better.

annette1
26-01-12, 01:51
Hi Goggy

Yes this is just part of the side effects, it should settle down soon but keep in touch with your gp during this time so that they can monitor you. Take things a day at a time.