PDA

View Full Version : Hello there

Ivory
25-01-12, 02:41
my name is Ivory. I am a 29 year old female who lives in Southern California with my husband and 2 beautiful babies and my stepson. I am a hair stylist and aspiring writer. I stay at home with my 3 year old daughter. We have two dogs and a coupld gold fish.
I've suffered from anxiety and panic for as long as I can remember (literally) along with worry and fear. I have a memory from when I was 7 years old and I was so scared and worried something bad was going to happen to me if I didn't do something specific. So perhaps a little OCD in there too. Anyway, as I got older the panic attacks were few but certainly there. By the time I met my first husband I had just been diag with GA and possible panic disorder. When he passed away 3 days after our son was born of a terminal illness thats when I went off the deep end. I became convinced that I was going to get cancer like him and die. When I met the man I am married to now I thought he could help me pull myself out of this. We've been married for almost 2 years and have a beautiful baby daughter together. But as time has progressed I've found that I've gotten worse and worse. I feel like I have full blown Panic disorder now, Health Anxiety, OCD, and now a little bit of depression. I struggle just to leave the house to pick up the kids from school. I have the need to constantly be checking my blood pressure or pulse or lymphnodes and I've had more test done than most people I know let alone anybody my age.
I want more than anything to be free of this panic and fear and worry. I believe everyday that I will and AM getting stronger. I take it one day at a time. I owe it to my babies, my husband, and family but most of all I owe it to myself to defeat this and get back to being me. Thank you for accepting me into this community and I look forward to meeting you all and hopefully helping eachother out. Thank you and God Bless.

nomorepanic
25-01-12, 02:44
Hi Ivory

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

caroline-j
27-01-12, 23:04
Hi Ivory. Just wanted to say welcome and if you need to chat im hear to listen. Take Care x

Vanilla Sky
28-01-12, 00:25
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x