PDA

View Full Version : yes, im another person who is convinced i have a serious illness.

DannyS81
25-01-12, 07:59
Ok, so a few weeks ago, i spat blood in the shower. i was advised to go to the local hospital to get checked. Upon going here, i had several blood test, including D-dimer(CLOTS) all came back fine. chest X-ray came back fine. ESG came back fine. Basically i was sent away with nothing to worry about. However, i am now spitting brown coloured spit in the mornings. not a small tint, but quite thick in colour. it lasts a few times, until eventually appearing clear(normal) again.
Other than this, i have no other symptoms of anything whatsoever. No cough at all. no fever, no nothing... i feel fine within myself. normal energy levels, etc etc. It maybe worth noting that i do have bleeding gums after i brush my teeth. But not sure this could account for the brown type spit. i also get heartburn/acid reflux "fairly often" .. worst being at night. but even nights i dont get it, i still spit this rubbish the next day. One last thing to say, is i did stop smoking weed around three weeks ago.
If anyone has any kind of suggestion, it would be appreciated. Its starting to annoy me now! thank you. :-)

stamags
25-01-12, 08:14
its probably your lungs getting rid of the gunk left by smoking. I think this is quiet a common thing to happen.

Greenman50
25-01-12, 08:30
You have had the all clear mate which is excellant :yesyes:

The only inputt i can give is that many years ago when my dad stopped smokeing he used to cough up dark brown stuff for months which slowly went lighter and lighter untill it dissapeared .
I reckon its ur lungs getting rid of the crap , was it rollies you smoked with no filters ?

Jamesk
25-01-12, 08:34
Stupid suggestion but I spit in the shower sometimes and was worried when it was brown a few times. I kind of concluded it was because I had just had a cup of tea and it was the tannins/colourings from that.

DannyS81
25-01-12, 09:03
thanks for the replies guys... Mel2. i would smoke weed, with tobacco, in papers, with filter. Not sure if it makes a difference, cos its still all the same rubbish i was putting in my lungs! never again! lol.
Fingers crossed thats all it is then.... :-)

Em84
25-01-12, 09:59
OLD BLOOD IS BROWN, It could easily be old blood dried in your mouth from the bleeding gums and it just loosened with the spit.
I think the only time you would ever need to be worried is if you had a severe cough and you cough up bright red blood a lot.....
I smoke a lot (not weed) and always cough up stuff....
X