PDA

View Full Version : Dissociation

Conorm
25-01-12, 09:38
can someone reassure me that Dissociation is a symptom/part of anxiety and i wont go mad and wont be able to live the rest of my life normally?:(

I also suffer with derealization and depersonalization and have heard they are connected.

Im just really worried as i havent heard about dissociation that much and now worrying im going mad and its more severe than anxiety and im going to go mad!!!! :weep:

Wuboo
25-01-12, 10:34
IF you think you're going mad, your not. People in this state do not know their "mad".

The kind of thing you have is normal with anxiety and most of get it or have got it. Have a read of this, it should put your mind at rest.
http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/depersonalisation_and_derealisation.html

Stormsky
25-01-12, 10:38
They very thought that you think your going mad, tells you your not, people who are going crazy, dont know it or think it...
its because you are spending all your time telling yourself you are going mad, your mind knows your not, so thats whats causing the anxiety and DP DR, your mind does not agree with you, and you keep telling it that its crazy...

Conorm
25-01-12, 10:55
Yeah thanks i just needed to post, and just needed to know dissociation is anxiety?xx

great link jay read it before did help me alot:)

Wuboo
25-01-12, 11:03
No worries mate, feel free to air your worries at any time.