PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else experience excessive irritability and anger?

br19893
25-01-12, 10:36
Hi there, I was just wondering if my pent up anger is because of my anxiety or something much deeper?
I'm 19 now so id like to think that I'm out of my teenage stroppy phase haha although ever since my teens iv always been so irritable and easily wound up. Except I don't act aggresive towards others, I keep it inside. It takes the slightest misfortune to trigger it but instead of shouting I cry and once I start I can't stop! I don't do this in front of people though. Because I keep my feelings to myself so much I often have very angry or distressing dreams where il shout at everyone I love. After I Feel so ashamed and guilty.

Does anyone else feel similarly and is this a normal symptom of anxiety?
Thanks in advance :)

oneofus
25-01-12, 10:47
Hi abs,

Anger is typical. Of anxiety, depression etc. Depression is often 'caused' by suppressed anger, and tied into the flight fight response that results in adrenaline. Ask around on the net or otherwise if your local health service offer stress and anger management courses. I had one of my best days of my life on the one run in Wiltshire. It was packed full with folks from every walk of life a journalist who had worked in Rwanda, mums, dads and late teens. It was just good to sit in a room with others, share problems and get real useful advice in a non judgemental manner.

One of us

sickandtired
25-01-12, 11:04
yes this makes sense....
I still have alot of pent up anger.....unfortunately I release it in front of the people i love the most.
the 'person' who's the root cause of my anger is dead......
how do i tackle that?

oneofus
25-01-12, 11:13
I know this may seem odd but it's meant seriously, sit down and write a letter to the person concerned. You need to express your feelings in some physical way and that may help.

One of us

theharvestmouse
25-01-12, 14:31
I have a lot of anger and frustration in me, it sometimes manifests itself in me shouting out when I'm doing something. I do sometimes fly off the handle with people close to me.

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

So I think its a normal part of anxiety and depression.

jade1978
25-01-12, 19:31
I am very irritable and angry especially with those close to me, feeling very guilty right now for snapping at my kids earlier, its my problem not there's. :(