PDA

View Full Version : Cough and chest pain

MarkJames3
25-01-12, 13:22
Hi guys,

I've been ok the past few weeks but in the last week, i've noticed when i cough i get a sharp pain on the left side of my chest, it doesn't happen every time i cough and only really occurs in the mornings or just after ive woken up.

My fiancee says its noting and probably just a pulled muscle i keep aggrivating or a little chest infection....

Obviously my mind is in overdrive though and now i keep coughing loads which i think is anxiety induced.... can anyone help?

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

anyone got any thoughts?

I dont want to go running down to the docs as usual.... obviously lung cancer is playing on my mind but things i have read in the past say lung cancer is rare in under 40's and im only 27

VioletWings
25-01-12, 13:23
I've been getting pain in my chest when I cough over the last 3 weeks! I'm not getting it so much now, but I did wake up this morning with pain there when breathing. The doctor said I must have had a chest infection, and when he listened to my lungs they sounded fine. Though a sharp pain sounds like it could be a muscle/nerve pain. I'm not a doctor (obviously!) but it could well be a bit of a chest infection. See how you go and try not to worry about it! (easier said than done I know!)