PDA

View Full Version : One for the ladies please.

nikkinik
25-01-12, 14:23
I dont want this to be too much info, but basically Ive been experiencing bleeding in between my period. The first time was about 5-6 months ago. Now sex is painful and I bleed after, it used to be the odd bit, now its been going on for a few days at a time.

Im already seeing the doctor because Im having some stomach issues.. these have been going on for years, so unlikely to be related.

You know what its like with health anxiety.. there was a time when I was there every few months. So Im paranoid about going again after only having had an appointment last wk for my stomach pain/nausea/weight loss.

Im due a smear test this year, so I guess Im wondering if I should wait?* I dont want to be back there looking like a hypochondriac again with yet another issue.

On another side, have any of you had anything similar?
I guess normally I wouldnt be bothered (so much), but Ive just been feeling awful in general lately.

Thanks x

*Im not sure how long the wait would be, I just know Im due a smear test this year sometime.

annie.hall
25-01-12, 14:41
I understand why you don't want to go back so soon. I have "lady problems" too and I'm kind of waiting to go to the clinic since I've had to go there last month for another issue. However, I think that your symptoms are not out of the blue and have been going on for a little while. So I think you should go.

nikkinik
25-01-12, 14:49
I do have an appointment with the nurse for a blood test and breath test on the 1st. The GP also sent me away with tablets and said 'come back in 2 weeks' (I think.. or it may have been a month!?!).. I guess I was thinking of bringing it up then if I have to, or just hanging on for the smear test..

You're right though, I probably should go.

I finally told my partner about it and he's pretty cheesed off with me for 1) not telling him before, 2) not doing anything about it, and 3) being with him and hiding my pain.. So Im sure he will be on my case now too! :huh:

Thanks for replying x

Stormsky
25-01-12, 15:09
I would request your smear test now... I had bleeding after sex, and it is a sign that there could be a problem- in my case in had cin3 changes in my cells... This may not be the case for you, but dont leave it, get it checked....x

happycarrot
25-01-12, 17:34
Are you on the pill? If you are, you might be getting some breakthrough bleeding which is common and generally not a problem. But the pain/bleeding during sex concerns me. I would get it checked out now instead of waiting.

AngelHeart
25-01-12, 19:53
I would do like the others have said and bring your smear test forward. You can book it in anytime and don't have to wait for the letter then you can explain to the Dr/nurse about the bleeding and pain you've been getting. Let us know how you get on xx