PDA

View Full Version : My Life is being ruled

Channiemack
25-01-12, 15:12
Hi, i'm new to this forum. :welcome:
I have been suffering from Health Anxiety and my physical symtoms are overwelming I have headaches, dizzyness, aches and pains etc (there are alot more) they are drving me crazy and I am convinced that I have some serious illness.

Its hard for me to belive the doctor when she tells me its anxiety.

I hate being in work too because there is always a story about someone having this that and the other illness and it drives me wild.

I can't watch anything on TV that is about health its hard for me to watch the news. I feel likere is no escape from it all and I have started to wonder if I will ever get back to the old me again.

The people close to me don't understand and call me a "drama queen" Help me someone tell me it gets better and these symptoms get better. :weep:

nomorepanic
25-01-12, 15:13
Hi Channiemack

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Channiemack
25-01-12, 15:15
Thank you

Stormsky
25-01-12, 15:40
hi
we find it hard to believe its just anxiety, but its not something we can see (like with an actual physcial illness, where you have something you can relate to and take meds to get better or whatever) - the mind is powerful and anxiety its hard to come to terms with... so we are looking for something physcial in it so we can put it down to something.... People who dont suffer cant relate to what its like, and you end up with statements like 'pull yourself together'... have a read on this -
http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/advice_to_partners.html

Channiemack
25-01-12, 16:04
Thank you very helpful
Link :)

Kev707
25-01-12, 16:55
Hi I have just joined this site too and suffer from the exactly the same health anxiety which causes panic attacks and loads of physical symptoms that are very hard to accept as anxiety,what people fail to understand is that it's an illness in fed up getting comments like stop worrying so much if only it was as easy as that,I really think you would find CBT therapy helpfull as talking to someone who understands really helps,before I bottled it up didn't tell any of my friends or anything cause I felt stupid but I'm so glad I did cause you find out who your true friends are, sorry not very good at writing everything I want to say but don't hesitate to message me if you want to talk cause I know exactly what your going through but we can def beat this with a bit of hard work x

william wallace
25-01-12, 21:05
:welcome:The health anxiety page is the one for you, and remember, a problem shared is a problem doubled:D