PDA

View Full Version : Choking sensation?

hazy
25-01-12, 18:03
Hi,

For the past few days I have had this sensation of choking. I am not struggling to breath or anything, but just under my throat it feels like there a restriction of some sort. My ribs ache all the way round my body where my bra sits. I have suffered for a long time with panic and health anxiety and this is worrying me. It just feels strange and on the left and right of my spine, right in the centre of my back its acheing. I have suffered from acid reflux but this doesn't feel like it as I don't have the heart burn. Can anyone put my mind at ease as obviously I think it's something serious. Thanks

Em.ma
25-01-12, 19:50
Hello.
The "choking" feeling is a classic anxiety symtopm . It is very worrying to the person but it is nothing to worry over :) Once i worried over this and got a sore throat to the point were i was crying it was so pailful and as soon as i forgot about it it passed and went
The pain were bra strap is? could be musular, could be your bra it self but it is nothing bad. Back pain can also be musulcar or you could have a touch of gas/indgestion.
Its nothing serious honestly.

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

However for your own piece of mind if it really carries on worrying you i suggest seeing your General Practioner :)

countrygirl
25-01-12, 20:41
Snap I have had exact same thing as you today with the ache around back area in region of bra line and I have felt as if it was an effort to breathe but I could if you know what I mean and also the closed up throat feeling.

I have hada it many times before and its muscular, I remembered that I shaved under may arms yesterday and spent ages with one or other arm straight up in air ( I am partially sighted so can't see what I am doing only in a mirror so it takes me ages) and so probably this is what has caused the sensation today.

hazy
25-01-12, 22:10
Thanks that does make me feel better, I should know by now what the symptoms of anxiety and panic are by now, but sometimes you just need that bit of reassurance. I find it uncomfortable to sit in a chair and my back pressing on the back of it, if that makes sence? I have and still am going through alot of stress and upheaval at the moment having left my husband of 17 years in October, moving me and my 2 boys into our 3rd home in 2011 and their 3rd school in 2011 and me adjusting to going onto benefits to support us and all the lows this whole saga has brought. I am getting there but the anxiety doesn't help.