PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

mandshere2000
25-01-12, 21:21
Hi can anyone give me some advice please I am sitting in the pictures watching the film war horse and feeling so anxious with feelings of depersonalization and just want to walk out but I am trying so hard to fight this I also had bad night last night and had no sleep because of feeling the same is anyone suffering from the same and can help/advise me pleaseManda

snowgoose
25-01-12, 21:31
Hi Manda

If still at the cinema ..........go to ladies .walk slow and breathe slowly out .
then rinse your neck and face in cold water .splash it around lots .
have cold drink of water and sip it . Concentrate on the lovely feeling of the water in your throat .
go into cubicle and shake yourself like wet dog does all over . sit and do your breathing very calmly for as long as you need .
this is emotional film so if you cant stay then leave hun . But on your terms .not panics .
oh and drop your shoulders ...bet they are around your neck . it helps xxxx
snow :hugs:

mike07
25-01-12, 21:39
Try to enjoy the movie, really try to get into it. i know what panic attacks feel like.
be strong

mandshere2000
25-01-12, 21:44
Hi snow still at the Pictures thank you so much for your brilliant advice I will do it now Manda

snowgoose
25-01-12, 21:55
good lass :hugs:

you are tired with no sleep ......no wonder you feel bad .
If you can let these feelings flow over you . no harm will come to you .
Are you with someone you trust ?

tiddleypom
25-01-12, 22:43
One way to look at this is a chance to practise. Our anxiety lessens the more times we don't give into it. You are making it through a trip to the cinema with anxiety right now and that is amazing. So take some time to stop and give yourself a pat on the back.

Depersonalisation feels horrible, but it can't hurt you. It's just another symptom of anxiety. Take some nice deep breaths and keep thinking about how proud you're going to feel about yourself when you get through this.

Everything is ok. You're ok. You're safe.

I'd imagine pretty much everyone on this forum has been through the exact same thing. You're not alone.

Tiredness always makes my anxiety worse because the symptoms are so similar. But that's all it is, you're tired.

You've even come online to get some advice. You've managed to think about the best thing to do to get you through this.

Given all that, I think you're the one who should be giving us advice, because you are doing pretty well for yourself given the circumstances.